Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Mar 27, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: “For the Lord your God is supreme God of the heavens above and the earth below.” (Joshua 2:11)

      Rehab, the prostitute & Sailendranath, football player.

      There are good people living a saintly existence in all walks of life. One's past life is not a taboo and hindrance to do so. So to be prejudiced about someone is not in concurrence with the Bible and the word of God. Judgement is for God, not human beings on this earth. So leave that to God and lead a good life not by judging others, but by love. The scouts sent by Joshua stayed in the house of Rehab, the prostitute, the most despised profession and anti-thesis to God’s creation. God knew her heart was open to Him and that she would be instrumental in the Israelite victory over Jericho. God often uses people with simple faith to accomplish his great purposes, no matter what kind of past they have had or how insignificant they seem to be. Rehab didn’t allow her past to keep her from the new role God had for her.

      The game of foot ball regularly produces players, celebrities, racists, billionaires, fashion models and spoilt brats. But there is an exception - Sailendra Nath Manna, the Indian football player and captain of the London Olympics game, when the newly independent India almost beat France in the finals in 1948. Due to poverty, the Indians played the game bare foot. When Princess Margret in London asked him whether he was not afraid to play that way, as he balanced a sandwich and a cup of tea at Buckingham palace, he said they just preferred to play it that way as it was easier to keep the ball under control. There was no mention about poverty. In his 20 year career, he was never booked, never swore, and fouled no one. As captain, he never raised his voice to other players. He disciplined by example and would even refuse to take food before others had eaten theirs. He had no enemies. He died on Feb 27th, 2012 and was 87 years old.

      Prayer: Jesus, you are the only God who loved and died for our sins. Let your blood wash all our sins and let your spirit of saintliness stay with us in all walks of life - in the church, workplace, homes and everywhere else. We pray for all those who lead your way of life even if they do not believe in you for their conviction of the real creator and God. All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Tuesday, 28th March 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16, 2012