Our Daily Bread-Sharing Space

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2012
      READ: 1 Corinthians 12:12-27

      Those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. —1 Corinthians 12:22

      The number of people who run a business out of their homes is in the millions. But some have found that working alone can be a little too lonely. To give these lonely ones a community, “co-working” spaces have been designed. Large facilities are rented out where people working by themselves can share space with others. They have their own work area but can exchange ideas with fellow independent workers. It’s for those who feel they can work better together than they do alone.

      Sometimes Christians think they work better alone. But we are meant to work together with others in the church. Every Christian has been placed into “the body of Christ” (1 Cor. 12:27). And the Lord desires that we take part in fellowship with a local community of believers—using our spiritual gifts and working together in His service.

      Yet for various reasons, some aren’t able to join in. Because of health issues, they may be shut in at home or may not know how to fit in at church. Yet they are a needed part of the body (vv.22-25). That’s when others can meet their need for togetherness. Let’s do our part so that others may feel they’re an integral part of the community of faith. We work better together than alone. —Anne Cetas
      Thinking It Over

      What can you do to help others feel a part of your church
      community? Visit, pray with them, read Scripture together,
      drop a note, or invite them to join you in serving others.
      Fellowship builds us up and binds us together.