Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Mar 25, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: “And may the Lord avenge the wrongs you have done to me, but my hand will not touch you.”(1 Samuel 24:12)

      Bullying - Let's take the necessary steps and pray for this to end.

      Bullying is a life threatening, degrading and abusing menace to the image of God and humanity as a whole. It should be dealt in accordance with the word of God - love. Love calls for teaching, disciplining, and rewarding with the courage and faith in the Almighty to handle any situation. Parents and peer groups have their own roles to play as Jesus commands. “Train up children in the way he should go; even when he is old, he will not depart from it” - (Proverbs 22:6). Basic fundamentals of life should be taught and practiced in daily life. As the situation warrants, we should confront or flee and turn to God with love. At times the best way is to flee sins and abusive relationships. This golden rule is applicable to the bullies - "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you" - (Mathew 7:12). If you don’t want to be bullied, then don’t bully others. You want someone to help you if you are being bullied? Then help someone else, don’t be disinterested as a bystander, be a defender. You don’t want to be called names? Then don’t call others names.

      Rocco and Butch were the worst bullies in school. Nobody knew what to do about them. Everybody tried to stay out of their way. Holly, a new student and the daughter of a pastor started school in grade 5. The bullies tried to bully her. All her friends left her alone with the warning and went away. Holly gave a big smile and even tried to help them in their weak points. Without giving up, she finally managed to change their outlook. Butch even cried a little for his past bullying victims. Holly explained to her friends how she had handled them alone, “I loved them”. And the Bible says to love your enemies and you know that amazing things happen when you love your enemies.

      Prayer : Jesus, we pray for all the victims of bullying. Let their cry be heard in your abode and put an end to bullying in all areas of life. We pray that the bullies be convinced of the pain they inflict on Your image. Let more people like Holly emerge and stand against bullies like Rocco and Butch. Let our homes be the loving centres to train, love and live. All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Monday, 26th March 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16, 2012