Malankara World Journal Great Lent Week 6 (Issue 66) Special is available online

  • Dr. Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2012
      The Malankara World Journal Special Great Lent Week 6 (Issue 66) is
      available online at:

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Newsletter/MWNews_66.htm

      This special issue contains weekly retreat, daily inspiration, bible
      readings, meditations, and more.

      This is the last regular issue of the Malankara World Journal before the Passion Week. Jesus started his public ministry with the exhortation, "Repent, the Kingdom of God is at hand." We will experience the God's plan for the redemption of mankind during the passion week. We will see the victory of Jesus over death and Satan. To participate in it, we need to be redeemed. We need to repent and ask for forgiveness of sins prior to Maundy Thursday so that we can become part of His body - the blood and flesh. For this, we need to understand what sin is. We have two articles in this issue of MW Journal that cover sin from different perspective. The LL Pope Shenouda III of Coptic Orthodox Church (who was called eternal home this week) talks about unforgettable sin. Pastor David O. Dykes talks about the "unforgivable sin." The concept of unforgivable sin is one that troubles many of us and Pastor Dykes provides clarity to that topic. Many of the feel-good tele-evangelists avoid discussing sin in their sermons because they do not want to talk about things that upset people. We need to realize that sin, Satan, eternal life, etc. are all real and are not figment of our imagination.

      Pastor Dykes gives a parable at the end of his article that clearly
      illustrates why many of us think there is no life after death and why it is a folly. I strongly recommend that you read this article several
      times so that the concept will sink in. This will provide us the
      preparation we need before passion week.

      Table of Contents: Great Lent Week 6

      1. Editor's Note
      2. Inspiration for This Week
      3. The Most Serious Sin in One's Life by LL Pope Shenouda III
      A person often forgets the sins he committed, but there may be certain
      unforgettable sins.
      4. Lenten Reflections (Week 6)
      5. Daily Meditations and Bible Reading
      6. What is the Unforgivable Sin? by David O. Dykes

      The only sin God won't forgive is terminal unbelief. God won't forgive
      that sin because the person who commits it never will ask God for
      forgiveness. If you are someone who considers yourself to be an
      unbeliever, I appeal to you to trust Jesus. Every time you say, "No,"
      makes it easier to say, "No," the next time. There is more to life than this life. One day we will face eternity. If you consider yourself an unbeliever or you know someone who is an unbeliever, I've written a parable for you. ...

      7. Holy Lent Supplement in Malankara World
      8. About Malankara World

      ========================

      Read all the articles and features in Malankara World Journal Special
      online at:

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Newsletter/MWNews_66.htm

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service