Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Mar 22 8:20 PM
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: “For He chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.” (Ephesians 1:4)

      God works through people.

      The people placed and taken in front of us are not accidental or coincidental, but predestined by Jesus for the blameless and holy life to be led by us. Whatever happens, life has to move on. Tragedy and comedy are all part of life. So instead of brooding over issues beyond our control, we can work towards a healthy balanced life on earth and the world to come.

      15 years after John Benet Ramsey’s death, a father looks back. The since remarried business consultant spoke.

      "Your 20 year old daughter died in a car accident in 1992. 4 years later, John Benet was murdered and your wife Patsy died from ovarian cancer in 2006. How did you cope with the personal tragedies and move forward in your life?" A friend poured a question to me a few years back. “John, do you believe the best days of your life are in front of you?” My first reaction was no. He challenged that I needed to believe the best days were ahead of me. I believe that God works through people and we see people come into our lives who were sent by God. I didn’t always recognize it at that time, but it’s obvious looking backwards. Those people helped me through a lot of critical moments. Finally, it’s important to start building new memories in your memory bank. In some cases, it requires you to step out in faith when you don’t feel like it. However, it’s so important because you can’t just dwell on past memories. I truly believe the best days of my life are ahead of me.”

      Prayer : Jesus, we pray for all the victims of tragedies and death and their loved ones who have been subjected to pain because of their loss. Let us have the spiritual eyes to see your loving plan in all the people we meet in our lives. Let us see your spirit in everyone and respect and love them as your image. Let those who are in sorrows come out from their self-inflicted cell of solitude and meet new challenges in their lives.

      All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Friday, 23rd March 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V