Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Mar 7, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: “When troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will perfect and complete needing nothing.” (James 1:2-4)

      Struck by cancer, yet happy and smiling.

      Medical Science is yet to come out with a cure for cancer. The diagnosis of any sickness is not happy news for any patients, especially the ones suspected of cancer. But they can always find joy in Christ in these difficult times by drawing nearer to the Lord and through people who come to them and love them during their sickness. 14 years of remission from lung cancer, Janet, the nurse feels blessed to have the new opportunity to help people who are in different stages of sickness, physically and spiritually. Simply being in the room of a patent is a positive and uplifting experience. Get close to them, care for them, but never give advice. Listen. Be there for them and offer to help them. Offering to take them for their appointments, spending time with them and just letting them know that your care makes a big difference. It's important to touch and give a big hug to the patient. Let our community and churches have the support group for patients to show that we share, care and love them.

      Salome is in her early 50’s with four children and grandchildren. She was diagnosed with breast cancer at an advanced stage. She is being treated at the Trivandrum Regional Cancer Centre for chemo and radiation. She has lost all her hair and is still under medication. She stays in her house with the support of her family, friends and church members. She welcomes all her visitors with a big smile and says that she has full confidence in Jesus to see her through this ordeal. She says, “I forget all my pain and sickness when you all come and be with me. Your presence and support encourage me to go on."

      Prayer: Jesus, let all cancer patients be healed with your loving touch. We pray for all the support groups and individuals who are in the ministry of physical and spiritual healing. Let all the patients have the courage, confidence and hope like Salome. Let us find opportunities to help and support them. All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Friday 9th March 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16, 2012