Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Mar 7, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: “Listen to your father who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old.” (Proverbs 23:22)

      Valuable advice from a lonely Chief Minister.

      Old age homes and nucleus Christian families do not go together. According to Jesus and the Bible, parents are always with their children. There is no justification to send our aged and helpless parents to old age homes. The old age homes set up by Churches and the Christian organizations can take care of seniors of other religions, but not Christians. Prayer and worship of the people who neglect their parents are hollow and meaningless. In the ministry of Jesus on earth, till his death at the foot of the Cross, He had taken the responsibility of his mother by keeping her wherever he was. So, it is time to ask our conscience about our deeds and take necessary action now.

      The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Ms. J. Jayalalitha is not one to show her soft side, but perhaps the split from her surrogate family, and the long separation from all her family members had made her express her real sentiments in a marriage function. She has lamented the rise of old age homes. “People’s priorities have shifted to making money, leaving behind family bonds. Of course money is necessary, but you must understand that money is not everything,” she advised the newlyweds.

      Prayer : Jesus, let our parents be with us. Let us be the caregivers and love them especially when they are helpless .We pray for all those who are lonely and separated from their children and living in old age homes, on the streets and under the care of others. Let all Christians understand the priority of looking after their parents.

      All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Thursday 8,th March 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V