Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Mar 6, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: “Woman, behold, your son.” (John 19:26)

      Can you “fulfill the law of Christ by bearing one another’s burden?” (Galatians 6:2)

      Everyone has their own cross of sorrows and burdens. But the fundamentals of life and existence is based on love in action in all aspects of life. True love is tested when we are in crisis and on the verge of pain, sickness and death. Christ did it on the cross when He was in excruciating pain of crucifixion for the sins of humanity. While on the cross, he was concerned about the pain that his mother was undergoing at his crucifixion and death. He consoled her by entrusting her to his believed disciple John. saying, "Woman, behold, your son.” Human tendency is to get angry and curse at the fate of their pain instead of thinking or doing anything good for others who are in the same boat. For a happy end and for relief from our sorrows, it is best to take on the burden of others and to find out how to help them.

      Rehamat Neesa was an 8th grade student in PKMIC School in Malapuram, Kerala, India. She was in the hospital bed for her treatment for advanced Leukemia. She knew she was on her way of separation from her loved ones. She penned her feelings in poems called “Tears of separation”. Next to her bed, another young girl was there for the same treatment but had nobody to care for her and she was extremely poor. Neesa felt very sad at the plight of her friend and wanted to help her in getting a blood transfusion. She contacted Abeed, a Computer Programmer and NSS Coordinator in the Government Engineering College over phone and told him regarding the sad condition of the girl next to her bed. Tears brimmed in his eyes and was moved to read her concern of another person when she herself was dying. On February 12th, Rehamat Neesa died leaving behind a great legacy of love in action.

      Prayer: Jesus, let us relieve our sorrows and pain by helping others who are experiencing problems too. Let us find opportunities to help others and ease away their pains. Let us imitate you in all our actions especially when we are in difficult situations. Give us your spirit of taking the burden of others when we are in pain. We pray for the soul of Neesa and all others who are in your mission of wiping others' tears. All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Tuesday, 6th March 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16, 2012