The Sacrifice of Conversion

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2012
      The Sacrifice of Conversion
      Meaningful Sacrifice - part 4

      In this powerful short sermon, Fr. John Brian continues a series of sermons on the topic of meaningful sacrifice by using an excerpt of a writing by an early Church Father, Origen. The excerpt is from his "Homilies on Leviticus." It is entitled "Seven Sacrifices - Seven Remissions" and has been posted at
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2012/02/seven-sacrifices-seven-remissions.html

      Fr John Brian gives a short sermon on Origen's fifth remission - the
      remission through "converting one to the Truth."

      He explains how much this is a sacrifice as it requires complete honesty of the Christian - enough to admit the inherent hypocrisy of talking about living ideals without the complete manifestation in the Christian's day to day life.

      This sermon uses and refers to scripture readings appointed by the Syrian Malankara calendar and was given on Sunday, March 4, 2012 by Fr. John-Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      This is a particularly important time for our mission (a bit of this is mentioned in this sermon) - please pray for us and let us know your support. This year has great potential and we need your support. Thank you in advance for your kindness and considerations.

      LISTEN ON-LINE HERE:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2012/03/sacrifice-of-conversion.html