Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Mar 5, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: “So when they were filled, Jesus said to his disciples, “Gather up the fragments that remain so that nothing is left.” (John 6:12)

      What we waste is enough to meet the needs of most people to keep their life intact.

      God has given us natural resources that needs to be used judiciously. Human beings are the only creatures in the universe who use it selfishly and carelessly. Our duty is to preserve this wonderful gift from God - nature and its resources. The leftover food on our tables in our homes, banquets and hotels is an example of wastage. If planned well, we can collect this and distribute it to the needy. Jesus instructed his disciples to get the loaves and fish from the lad who was hoarding it for his own use.

      In the !960’s, at the time of the construction of the Kolencherry Medical Mission Hospital, in Kerala, India,

      H. B. Mor Baselios Thomas 1, then Rev. Fr. C.M. Thomas, the head of the Syriac Orthodox Church in India, was the organizing secretary of the hospital and the residential priest in charge of the construction.

      Rev.Dn. Jacob, the then assistant to H.B., said that he was astonished and humbled on seeing H.B. in his work boots collecting and putting away the cement, metals, and other items left over by the masons and other construction workers on the site for use the next day. H.B. has never allowed or wasted anything unnecessarily. Instead of just instructing or advising others not to waste things, he did it himself and stood out as a role model for others to do so.

      Prayer : Jesus, let us conserve and not waste the precious resources you have given us to live in harmony and in love. Let gluttony and envy not destroy us. Let the people who waste resources be convinced of the sin they are doing to you and to your creation. Let us be prudent in our usage of everything. All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Monday, 5th March 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16, 2012