Malankara Association of IOC - regarding

  • Very rev. Dr, Mani Rajan Cor-episcopo
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2012
      The IOC people are good at fabricating documents for legal battle.  To counter their documents we need documents to establish that our churches are not party to the association.  To do that a collective effort is needed.  However, since some members called me over the phone to suggest some ways and means, may I share my thoughts on the issue.

      The Malankara Associations from 1972 to 2002 were not valid in the eye of law.  The reasons are many.  However, the Assoication of IOC in 2002 has cooked up minutes with representation from all churches in Malankara.  This will have to be challenged in the court when occasions arise.  We will have to keep records ready to counter the arguments.

      There are churhces in Malankara with different nature.  The Supreme Court has already identified Simhasana churches, EAE churches, Knanaya churches, St. Antony's having different nature and existance with separate constitutions.

      Since 1970s Jacobite Syrian Christian Church has established around 400 churches most of which are registered under Scoiety Act.  There are churhces with trust deeds and gift deeds.  Those churches with same nature must form group and send registered letters making clear that the churches are not party to the Malankara Association since they have a constitution and a General Body which has nothing to do with the Malankara Association.  The reasons can be detailed with legal consultations.  This will in a later stage can be an important legal document to argue that the church has never associated with the Malankara Association of the IOC.  The General Body meeting of these churches must record this as a decision and make it a legal document.  Later, we can demand for the minutes of the General Body Meeting to prove when and how representatives were selected to the Malankar Association, if that is the trap to bring JSC churches under the IOC.

      Dr, Mani Rajan Cor-episcopo