Good Friday prayer

  • C V BABY
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2012
      Dear moderators,

      In our olden version of "Good Friday prayer Book" we had 2 lines of song as below:-

      "Pourohithyam, rajyam, pravachanam ennivayenye
      Yoodanmarude nilayam sarvam soonyam"

      However, in the new prayer books, this part has been replaced with new 2 lines. Would appreciate if we could have a debate in our forum on usage of above mentioned songs. Some people claim that these lines were not biblical and hence changed, but I am not convinced. I learned somewhere about a bible reference to the above lines but I do not remember it. Can our forum throw some light on it.

      C V BABY
      # 4478
    • Mathew G M
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2012
        Dear Mr C V Baby,
        I just looked up the latest publication that I have with me. The details of the book are:

        Title: "Hasha Azhachayile Namaskara-kramam"
        Publisher: "JSC Publications, Puthenkuriz"
        Date of Publication : "25-DEC-2010"
        Imprimatur: H.H Ignatius Zakka I

        In this book, the two lines that you have mentioned below are still there. It is the last two lines of the 'Bovooso of Mor Yakob" which is part of the Prayer of the Sixth Hour of Good Friday. The hymn starts with
        "Masihaa-skeeppa mruthi kashtathakalkkaai vannone!
        Praarthana ke-ttittaatmaakkalilanpundaa-kenam."

        The two lines you have quoted are on page 356 of this book.

        Can you give the details of the book, in which you see these two lines missing? Who is the publisher? Which year was in published?

        Mathew G M