“Amen. Come, Lord Jesus! ” Rev. 22:20.

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2012
      The Lord's Prayer we pray Your kingdom come.� The last prayer in the Bible is Amen. Come, Lord Jesus! Rev. 22:20. These two prayers show us how we may pray. If our hearts are set on the Lord's coming, the Spirit will draw us to prayer and help us to pray.

      When we partake of the Holy Communion, we are not only remembering the Lord's death, but also proclaiming that He is coming again, 1 Cor. 11:26: For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death till He comes.� Let us therefore remember the Lord's coming, and remind ourselves of His words about watching and praying. Of all the prayers we pray, the prayers Come, Lord Jesus and Your kingdom come� are perhaps the most important. The Holy Spirit guides us in the right direction in prayer as we pray with our hearts set on the Lord's coming. In my trials, I have found comfort in praying, Come, Lord Jesus. When I hear of the sufferings of people around the world, I receive hope as I pray, Come, Lord Jesus.�

      When the Lord spoke about the end times and His coming, he emphasized that we should watch and pray. When we think of the Lord's coming, therefore, let us remember that we are to watch and pray.

      The closing hours before His arrest, our Lord gave Himself to prayer. Let us remember this as we partake of the communion.

      We have the example of Jesus prayer in John 17, the prayer He prayed on the eve of his death. As we remember the death of the Lord, let us commit ourselves to pray for one another.

      John 3:16. When we remember Jesus death we are remembering God's love for us. Whatever be the circumstances of our life, let us be established in this: God loves us. we are loved. we are thankful. we must love. Lord Jesus, as you laid down your life for us, let us lay down our life for others. Amen.

      Thankful for your prayers,

      Shibu Podiyan
      Washington DC