Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1836 , Mar 4 9:27 PM
      "...should we fall, we should not despair and so estrange ourselves from the Lord's love. For if He so chooses, He can deal mercifully with our weakness. Only we should not cut ourselves off from Him or feel oppressed when constrained by His commandments, nor should we lose heart when we fall short of our goal...let us always be ready to make a new start. If you fall, rise up. If you fall again, rise up again. Only do not abandon your Physician, lest you be condemned as worse than a suicide because of your despair. Wait on Him, and He will be merciful, either reforming you, or sending you trials, or through some other provision of which you are ignorant."

      St. Peter of Damascus.

      "Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls." James 1:21
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1836 of 1836 , Mar 14 4:53 PM

        "If you happen to fall into temptation, do not let the guilt of sin be an obstacle to prayer. If you cease praying till you repent, you will never repent, for prayer is the door to genuine repentance."

        St. Pope Kyrillos (Cyril) VI.

        "He delivered me from my strong enemy, From those who hated me, For they were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my calamity."  Psalm 18:17-18

        The Bible reading for the 6th of Baramhat, March 15, is:
        35 On the same day, when evening had come, He said to them, Let us cross over to the other side. 36 Now when they had left the multitude, they took Him along in the boat as He was. And other little boats were also with Him. 37 And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling. 38 But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing? 39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, Peace, be still! And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. 40 But He said to them, Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith? 41 And they feared exceedingly, and said to one another, Who can this be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him! (Mark 4:35-41)
        Martyrdom of St. Dioscorus.
        Departure of St. Theodotus, the bishop.

        The Bible reading for the 7th of Baramhat, March 16, is: Luke 18:35-43
        Martyrdom of Sts. Philemon and Apollonius.
        Martyrdom of St. Mary the Israelite.

        Prayer Requests:

        I. Tadros - Broken ankle, awaiting surgery.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        The Helmi family.
        Yaga - Cancer.
        Robert - 8-month-old infant with a rare kidney disease.
        Faith and family - Healing and guidance
        Ricardo F. - Serious Health issues
        Thomas, Matthew, Irene and Ayman M.
        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        AA and her kids
        MB
        Emad
        Brienne B. - Dealing with a serious illness
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.
        Mary - Illness