From the Sayings of the Desert Fathers

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 2, 2012
      Abba Pambo asked Abba Anthony, 'What ought I to do?' and the old man said to him 'Do not trust in your own righteousness do not worry about the past, but control your tongue and your stomach.'

      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/2199241/the-sayings-of-desert-fathers
    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 20, 2012
        A brother approached Abba Poemen during Lent, expressed his thoughts, and found consolation in the response. Then he admitted, "I almost did not come to see you today."
        "Why?"
        "Since it is Lent, I thought your door might not be opened."
        Poemen answered, "We are not taught to shut wooden doors. The door that needs to be closed is the mouth."

        http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/14205160/by-way-of-the-desert-365-daily
      • Mark Sedrak
        Message 3 of 17 , May 15, 2013
          Christ is Risen! + Indeed He is Risen!

          Abba Theodotos said, 'If you live contently, do not judge one who who lusts, for like him you disobey the law. For the one who said, "Do not lust" also said, "Do not judge".'

          From: The World of the Desert Fathers