The Sacrifice of Forgiving Others

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2012
      The Sacrifice of Forgiving Others
      Meaningful Sacrifice - Part 3

      Fr John Brian continues a series of sermons on the topic of meaningful
      sacrifice by using an excerpt of a writing by an early Church Father,
      Origen. The excerpt is from his "Homilies on Leviticus." It is entitled "Seven Sacrifices - Seven Remissions" and has been posted at
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2012/02/seven-sacrifices-seven-remissions.html

      Fr John Brian gives a short sermon on Origen's fourth remission - the
      remission through "forgiving the sins of a brother."

      Romans 14 is used in the sermon along with prayers from the first service of preparation for Holy Qurbana.

      This sermon uses and refers to scripture readings appointed by the Syrian Malankara calendar and was given on Sunday, February 26, 2012 by Fr. John-Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      This is a particularly important time for our mission - please pray for us and let us know your support. This year has great potential and we need your support. Thank you in advance for your kindness and considerations.

      LISTEN ON-LINE HERE:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2012/02/sacrifice-of-forgiving-others.html