Our Daily Bread: How to Get A New Heart

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2012
      READ: Ezekiel 36:26-31

      I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you. Ezekiel 36:26

      A friend who is a heart transplant cardiologist has an appreciation of
      Ezekiel 36:26 that not many of us can understand. Mike manages the
      pre-operation and post-operation care for heart-transplant patients.
      He’s often in the operating room as surgeons remove diseased, discolored hearts and replace them with vibrant, pink new� donor hearts.

      Mike explains that the process for selecting who gets a new� physical heart is similar to who can get a new heart� from God (Ezek. 36:26). In both cases, need alone is the criterion.

      Ezekiel's mention of the people of Israel someday getting a new heart is a foreshadowing of the change that takes place at salvation. Ephesians 4:24 and 2 Corinthians 5:17 refer to it as new man� and new creation.� For the Israelites of Ezekiel's day and for those of us living today, only one criterion must be met for us to acquire a transplant. We must need it. It matters not whether we're rich or poor, respected or scorned. Citizenship, social status, and ethnicity are inconsequential.

      If we need a new heart from God, we can have one through faith in Jesus Christ's death and resurrection.

      What indicates that need? As sinners, all of us need a new heart. Have you had a spiritual heart transplant? - Dave Branon
      Christ asks you for nothing
      Come just as you are;
      Come sinful, come guilty,
      Come give Him your heart. Anon.
      We need more than a new start we need a new heart!