Our Daily Bread: Not My Kind

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2012
      READ: Galatians 3:19-29

      There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28

      In the Star Wars trilogy there's a scene that reminds me of some church people I know. At an establishment somewhere in a remote corner of the galaxy, grotesque-looking creatures socialize over food and music. When Luke Skywalker enters with his two droids, C3PO and R2D2 (who are more normal� than anyone else there), he is surprisingly turned away with a curt rebuff: We don't serve their kind here! That strange scene captures the malady that we all struggle with in our relationships here on planet Earth. We are always more comfortable with people who are just like us. But think of where you would be if Jesus had felt that way. He was divine, perfect in every way, which makes Him far different from us. Yet He came to dwell among us and to die for us.

      Those of us who follow Christ shouldn't have they're not my kind� in our vocabulary. As Paul reminds us, in Him there is neither Jew nor Greek, . . . slave nor free, . . . male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus” (Gal. 3:28). So, whether others are different in attitude, perspective, race, class, political slant, or social standing, it should make no difference to those of us who call ourselves by Jesus name.

      Find someone who is not your kind and share Jesus love with them today! Joe Stowell

      I pray, O Lord, reveal to me
      If I have caused disunity,
      For You would have Your children one
      In praise and love for Your dear Son. Branon
      Love your neighbor even if they aren't your kind!