Daily evening Lent Prayer

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2012
      Dear brother George Aramath in Jesus,

      It ‘s not an advice. Some suggestions from my experience from what we do in my home.

      It’s very simple. Give the responsibility to the children. Let them do some visible tangent preparations for the prayer, like planting the cross, lighting the candle, putting the incense, readily keeping the books for the prayer, spreading the prayer mat etc. Give everyone the participation, especially the children; be given to read the prayers, the creed, our father and Hail Mary. It‘s better to use the Malayalam and English version of the lent prayers and mix it in reading.

      Kneeling, prostration and mediation, all should be done in its proper places. Allow the children to read a portion from the children’s Bible. It’s better to chant some stanzas of a song or part of kukkilion of St. Mary and Saints at the end. Prayer should be short and lively and in earnest spirit. It’s always better to do just before the meal. Then meal should be ready to eat and all the members should go to the dinning table. Wait everybody for the grace before the meal and after the meal by the children or as per their directions.

      In Jesus
      Paulose Achen -Toronto