Malankara World Journal Special Lent Week 2 (Issue 58) is available online

  • Dr. Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2012
      The Malankara World Journal Special Great Lent Week 2 (Issue 58) is
      available online at:

      http://www.malankaraworld.com/Newsletter/MWNews_58.htm

      This special issue contains weekly retreat, daily inspiration, bible
      readings, meditations, and more.

      As we approach week #2 of Holy Lent, let me remind you again that Lent
      is more than just giving up some items of food. Here are something to
      think about ...

      What To Give Up During Lent

      Give up complaining. . . . . . . .focus on gratitude.
      Give up pessimism. . . . . . . . . become an optimist.
      Give up harsh judgments . . .....think kindly thoughts.
      Give up worry. . . . . . . . . . . . . trust Divine Providence.
      Give up discouragement. . . . .be full of hope.
      Give up bitterness. . . . . . . . . turn to forgiveness.
      Give up hatred. . . . . . . . . . . . return good for evil.
      Give up negativism . . . . . . . . .be positive.
      Give up anger. . . . . . . . . . . . . .be more patient.
      Give up pettiness. . . . . . . . . . .become mature.
      Give up gloom. . . . . . . . . . .. . .enjoy the beauty that is all
      around you.
      Give up jealousy. . . . . . . . . . . .pray for trust.
      Give up gossiping. . . . . . . . . . .control your tongue.
      Give up sin. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . turn to virtue.
      Give up giving up. . . . . . . . . . . hang in there!

      ===========================

      Table of Contents: Great Lent Week 2

      1. Editor's Note

      2. Inspiration for This Week

      Thou art my hope in the day of evil.

      3. Meditation on the Healing of the Leper by Don Schwager

      The Holy Spirit inflames our hearts with the love of Christ that we may
      reach out to others with compassionate care, especially to those who
      have been rejected and mistreated. The love of God impels us to do as
      Jesus did – to love the unlovable, to touch the untouchable, and to
      forgive the unforgiveable. ...

      4. Lenten Reflections (Week 2)

      This week's Lenten Retreat.

      5. Daily Meditations and Bible Reading:

      Meditations for each day of the week.

      6. Holy Lent Supplement in Malankara World

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lent/

      7. About Malankara World

      ========================

      Read all the articles and features in this Malankara World Journal
      Special online at:

      http://www.malankaraworld.com/Newsletter/MWNews_58.htm

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service