Control Your Words

  • Georgey Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2012
      Control Your Words

      1 PETER 4:11 NIV
      11 If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. . . .

      When you speak what the Bible says, you are speaking the very words of God. Anything contrary to what the Bible says, should never be spoken by a Christian.

      EPHESIANS 4:29 NIV
      29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

      JAMES 4:8 KJV
      But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. 9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God. 10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be. 11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

      JAMES 4:11 NKJ
      11 Do not speak evil of one another . . . .

      TITUS 3:2 NKJ
      2 to speak evil of no one . . . .

      You are responsible for what you say. If you cannot say something good, the Bible is clear: keep quiet.

      SAY THIS: Lord please help me to keep quiet unless I have something to say that would be acceptable to you.
      Georgey Thomas