MALANKARA ASSOCIATION MEETING

  • Chev. Adv. Philip John
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 18, 2012
      DEAR FRIENDS,

      1] This is not the first time this is happening. I know that the Orthodox Church have parallel parish committee, Vicar etc in each of the Jacobite Churches. They have Vicar, Trustees, Committee members allotted to Manarcad Church.

      They may not have seen the inside of the Church but still claim the status on paper. They feel that on a future day, some Court will decide in their favour,

      2] The list of Association members published by the Orthodox Church contain reference to Jacobite Parish Churches.

      This is deliberately done to create an impression legally that these churcges are continuing as un its of MALANKARA ASSOCIATION.

      3] It is up to the LEADERSHIP OF JACOBITE CHURCH to protest and take appropriate steps.

      IT IS TRULY SURPRISING TO NOTICE THAT THE LEADERSHIP IS SILENT AND INACTIVE.

      REGDS,
      PHILIP P J,
      MEMBERSHIP NO-187
      KOCHI
    • Varkey Titus
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 20, 2012
        Dear Chev. Adv. Philip,

        Thanks for your message. I had expressed this concern in my earlier message. As we can see from IOC's list of Kottayam Diocese, the Sr. Nos. 70 - 110 are all Jacobite Churches. They purposely not given the names of the Priests and laymen representing these churches. The cunning people included not only the Manarcad Cathedral, but even our Diocesan Metropolitan's Aramana Church (St. Joseph's Cathedral), as THEIR Church in the list!!!!! What a joke and pity!!! May be it is by chance they have omitted the 'Outside Kerala/India' Jacobite churches from their list, as they may not have the correct names or any further details to claim on it!!!!

        As I mentioned in my previous message, it is the duty of our hierarchy and/or the 'officials' of our church to act against this to protect our churches from the legal trap, IOC want to create for us. But it is astonishing to see that 10% of our concern on this subject is not shown by our hierarchy or the so called 'Church Officials'!!! They may have different opinion on it, but to clear our concern, they should come out from their hermit and speak to us.

        May God save our Church.

        Regards

        Varkey Titus
        Member Id# 1024

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Chev. Adv. Philip John wrote:

        > DEAR FRIENDS,
        >
        > 1] This is not the first time this is happening. I know that the Orthodox Church have parallel parish committee, Vicar etc in each of the Jacobite Churches. They have Vicar, Trustees, Committee members allotted to Manarcad Church.
        >
        > They may not have seen the inside of the Church but still claim the status on paper. They feel that on a future day, some Court will decide in their favour,
        >
        > 2] The list of Association members published by the Orthodox Church contain reference to Jacobite Parish Churches.
        >
        > This is deliberately done to create an impression legally that these churcges are continuing as un its of MALANKARA ASSOCIATION.
        >
        > 3] It is up to the LEADERSHIP OF JACOBITE CHURCH to protest and take appropriate steps.
        >
        > IT IS TRULY SURPRISING TO NOTICE THAT THE LEADERSHIP IS SILENT AND INACTIVE.
        >
        > REGDS,
        > PHILIP P J,
        > MEMBERSHIP NO-187
        > KOCHI

      • Padhikan
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 21, 2012
          Dear Mr.Varkey Titus,

          These rebels of our church should not be addressed as 'Orthodox' as they have a mere his-tory of 100 years and we are the church who follow the orthodoxy and the teachings of the Lord without any deviation for almost 2000 years. They are splinted group like any other denominations and 'Methran Kakshi' is the right words to address them; not even 'Ayyo'(I.O.) but M.K. in brief.

          About their adding our parishes' names to their so called list is part of their crooked ways. They will insert their name wherever possible; I will not be surprised even if they try to add their name to the deed of my little property, just like their name on the letter pad of the Kolencherry Medical Mission Hospital. Click on the link below for a PDF news items:

          Oh! God, forgive them as they do not know what they are doing.

          Peace.

          Padhikan
          Member - 0476
        • Abraham
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 24, 2012
            Like everyone,this believer too,wondering why are we silent on such serious issues? This association selection will bommerang since faithful will start questioning how come a repeat of the last one,if that the case!

            Jacobite SYRIAN churches listed under http://www.syrianchurch.org/MalankaraSyrianChurch/Malankara_parishes.htm can be found in the below link somewhat in a similar order!
            Link: http://www.malankaraorthodoxchurch.in/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=692&Itemid=543

            Frankly,we lost many churches now than what we got.All in the Eranakulam region.We need to think what can be done to stop this Priest high-jacking plan

            1) Like the way laws are amended or new ones are implemented-can leadership think a new code of ethics for our priests and get them legal signatory ? Some are behind money and Seats.How many more churches in Eranakulam can we loose now?

            2) Kolencherry will be back in news again EXACTLY after SEATS are alloted in JUN/JULY.
            Worth watching -> http://www.yuvog.com/play/News__Politics/Interview_with_Dr_Fazal_Gafoor_Part_One
            Not only free admission to those from Church conflicts,but also FREE admission to 'meritorious students' is what people expect from a Medical college.Hope our leadership will not be a silent spectator on this 'SYRIAN CHURCH' college which we hold our rights too.
            This vedio is a good entertainer -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qD7Lhp9HK4

            3) KOTHAMANGALAM Church case soon will be on its way in SC for hearing.Hope we are not sleeping.

            4) Like in Parumala, We need a Church in Pampakkuda very very urgently. Manjanikkara Dayaro got 1 Lakh + pilgrims this year. Can we have a Patriarchal Church constructed urgently to stop the canvasing behavior.It will be a gift from Dayaro to lakhs of Jacobite faithful
            badly needing a Church there.These steps give MOTIVATION to Jacobites and help them continue in their FAITH

            5) In news media - Regarding Piravom election it all started like this: First it was portrayed as Jacobite being the majority (upto 70000 votes),then equal with IO,then just a fraction...Who knows after sometime we will be totally ignored? Why our protest not getting into Media lenses? Request our leadership take a stern stand requesting
            authorities for opening up our churches in anyattunirappu,Mammalassery and Mannathur. Afterall it is just a matter of allowing someone to PRAY! I dont see anyone noticed and considered our Mammalassery Protest. Everyone say it's not a BIG issue! Infact PPillai itself was in Piravom campaign!
            Can't forget this politrics edition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0oW6SAQIZMs

            Honorable court has advised us to settle this amicably and peacefully with a majority buy-in.But someone advised them like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&v=QyAZwGgzYng

            Praying for peace and co-existence as two respecting christian communities
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wlHHwsg6RA
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHoNYucacTk

            Amen

            Abraham
            3567
          • Very Rev. Dr. Mani Rajan Cor-episcopo
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 26, 2012
              I thought I will remain silent on this issue.  But quite of few are ignorant about what is going on.  In the Kunnamkulam Simhasana Church case there was a remand order, the contention of which was - -  Did the Arthat-Kunnamkulam Simhasana Church attend the Malanakara Association?  If yes, then it can be concluded that the said church is a constituent of the Malankara Sabh.  See the legal trap!  The Justice Malimath's report (2002) also makes a similar contention when parishes sent registered letters intimating that their church did not convene parish general body for electing a delegate and nobody is representing their church.  See the minutes of the Malankara Association, all churches have sent representatives and all churhces are constituents of the IOC.  In another 10-15 years these documents will become legal and poor Jacobites are building churches of the IOC.  This is like the BOT.  Who can be blamed?

              Dr. Mani Rajan Cor-episcopo
            • S Chandy
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 27, 2012
                Dear Father,

                What can be done for this?

                regds
                S Chandy
                4167

                --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Very Rev. Dr. Mani Rajan Cor-episcopo wrote:

                > I thought I will remain silent on this issue.  But quite of few are ignorant about what is going on.  In the Kunnamkulam Simhasana Church case there was a remand order, the contention of which was - -  Did the Arthat-Kunnamkulam Simhasana Church attend the Malanakara Association?  If yes, then it can be concluded that the said church is a constituent of the Malankara Sabh.  See the legal trap!  The Justice Malimath's report (2002) also makes a similar contention when parishes sent registered letters intimating that their church did not convene parish general body for electing a delegate and nobody is representing their church.  See the minutes of the Malankara Association, all churches have sent representatives and all churhces are constituents of the IOC.  In another 10-15 years these documents will become legal and poor Jacobites are building churches of the IOC.  This is like the BOT.  Who can be blamed?
                >
                > Dr. Mani Rajan Cor-episcopo

              • Geogy Abraham
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 27, 2012
                  How can a person/parishioner attend the Malankara Association of IOC without the authorisation of Managing Committee of that specific church.

                  Also Simhasana church has different church constitution all together - correct.

                  Regards
                  Geogy
                  4186
                • Abraham
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 2, 2012
                    Just my 2 cents.

                    There is a child's saying : ' FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU; FOOL ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME'

                    This believer thinks our order of action must be :

                    1) Look at this Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ZBUJ-u7U4
                    Metropolitan must know that from both Jacobites contesting
                    in Piravom - one will win! Its is easy since the TV debate
                    was for 600 votes,but for Jacobites in Piravom its bit
                    complicated as the constituency has about 70000 Jacobite votes.
                    Yeah, we will clear the confusion soon whom we should
                    stand behind...
                    Again Kanyattunirappu,Mannathoor,Mammalassery will decide
                    the winner for Piravom election.But please don't force
                    us to SPEAK,Our leadership will do that soon.Keep waiting.

                    But suddenly why such a move? Is it a Perumbavoor side effect?
                    Or is it because of this Deshabhimani news Link->
                    http://deshabhimani.com/newscontent.php?id=114501
                    Please don't target Oommen Chandi or call him as 'oooomen'
                    as quoted by Asianet Interviewer.We know how OC was
                    portrayed in Pampakkuda
                    Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qD7Lhp9HK4

                    T.M Jacob did many sacrifice for our Sabha.As a very
                    young political leader,for sure commander Jacob's Son
                    Anoop will be great gift not only for Jacobite Sabha
                    but also for all the Christian denominations in the region.

                    2) Looks like games are played using legal points.
                    Some are totally using the MERITS of Court cases than
                    that of Christian Values.

                    Lets accept this: The Rule of this game.
                    Just legal merits - less hristian Values.

                    Now what one should do? Better to have an expert legal team
                    and explore where can we claim points.
                    1) Prayer rights in Puthupally/Parumala churches ?
                    2) Ownership rights for Churches in GULF ?
                    3) Usage of word SYRIAN.Patriarchal centre must ensure
                    legal measures for the inappropriate usage of the
                    SYRIAN word by those who don't accept our Syrian Patriarch.
                    There are many court cases where names are used wrongly
                    to confuse people.
                    4) One Church in two names? INDIAN ORTHO - is it Registered name?
                    Since there being many Orthodox faithfuls in Nagaland,
                    Maharastra,Konkan Region etc - Will the
                    term INDIAN make them looks like under DEVLOGAM ?

                    These are just Minor ones,For sure readers know more
                    serious WINNABLE cases including REVIEW of 1934 verdict in
                    current scenario? Some one please correct -> There are cases
                    that have gone upto 13 Judges sitting on the bench examining
                    the same matter (if the matter is of immense importance)

                    3) Before Piravom Cathedral being raised to MAHA EDAVAKA shortly,
                    Let us send two representatives from the SYRIAN MEDICAL COLLEGE
                    and give Government FREEEE SEATs which is due for long.
                    http://syrianyouthvoice.blogspot.in/2012/02/blog-post_6442.html

                    4) By this sabha election - their 'cherrypick' mostly will fail.
                    If that not the case- believers will get surprised how come
                    this happen in a Holy Sabha.One can assume- many will
                    take the legal routes.Excommunicated folks have their own
                    agenda.Pray that faithful won't become their tools.

                    5) Our Beloved Bava Thirumeni,guided us through difficult times.
                    Clergy and Laity alike must stand behind our Bava Thirumeni.
                    Let our Bava tell us what we should plan and do.I am sure
                    millions of Jacobites around the world are waiting for our
                    Thirumeni's word.
                    A must watch - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBaBo7vN6Kc

                    This is not about Advani's visit to Pakistan. It is just
                    a matter of RECONCILATION
                    Link-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wlHHwsg6RA
                    This is not about burning casket or capturing church.
                    Link-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiiUuWJgq-o
                    Its not a matter of filing cases and shortcut to get new churches
                    Link-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8TM22paqPg

                    510 cases against Bava Thirumeni,Hundreds against Jacobite Churches.What next? NOTHING will happen to Jacobite Sabha...In a worst case few more Church may close down,thats all!

                    Hope this sabha election,god fearing,peace loving candidates will Win. A wrong decision makes another 5 years of problems.Hope good sense prevail. Its not Chess game. Its about accepting one's FAITH and forgiving.Both Sabha has so many other issues to be looked into than running behind court cases.Lets pray for Peace and Harmony.

                    Lets give space for both leaders to talk and settle the issues.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2c4aXqx9-Q
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLGt1hcHJV8
                    Let next Christmas be a prosperous and happy time for both the
                    Sabhas

                    This 'Kannadi' episode -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7MW0AvuYqg has all to say!

                    Amen,

                    Abraham