Something To Hold On To

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2012
      Something To Hold On To

      At the Presentation of Jesus in the Temple on his 40 day after birth, Fr. John Brian talks about holding on to one thing. Righteous Simeon held the infant Lord in his arms and prophesied (as told in Luke Chapter 2)

      This is juxtaposed with the pre-Lenten focus on remembering the departed. On this particular Sunday, it happens to be the 40th day after the death of a member of the mission. This brought a certain theme to the sermon this week.

      This sermon uses and refers to scripture readings appointed by the Syrian Malankara calendar and was given on Sunday, February 5, 2012 by Fr. John-Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission
      Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      This is a particularly important time for our mission - please pray for us and let us know your support. This year has great potential and we need your spiritual and earthly encouragement and support. Thank you in advance for your kindness and considerations.

      LISTEN ON-LINE HERE:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2012/02/something-to-hold-on-to.html

      Last Week:
      Earthly Disparity and Spiritual Unity