FW: Today with Jesus

  • Very Rev. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9 7:49 PM
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: “If riches increase, do not set your heart on them.” (Psalm 62:10)

      Richness - Is it in the heart or in the dollars?

      Money comes and goes. But the beauty and joy of love and sacrifice never fades. Our heart is to love God in righteousness. Money has its own role to play – as the medium of exchange of goods and services, not as the medium of love/pain. Rich or poor, we are here to live and love. Love without sacrifice is like a cloud without rain or moisture. The sacrifice and suffering for the sake of family, parents , relatives and friends are more worthwhile than millions of dollars in the bank. "He who trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous shall flourish as the green leaf” - (Proverbs 11:28).

      It is tempting to use honour, wealth or prestige to measure people. We may even think that such people are really getting ahead in life. But on God’s scales, these people are “lighter than a breath of air”. What then, can tilt the scales in our favour when God weighs us? Trusting God and cheerfully working for him. Materialistic things add nothing to our value in God’s eyes; only the faithful work we do for him has eternal value.

      Jose Prakash, who acted as the villain in the film ‘Love in Kerala’, narrates his bedridden vegetable life. He says, “my suffering on the bed is a bonus of life given by God. By amputating one of my legs, He carries me in his arms. Lying on this cot, I have distinguished Gods beauty. I need others help for my daily basic needs. My eyesight has also failed and my wife is no more. My youngest daughter-in-law who is from the famous textile house of Pulimootil, takes care of all my needs. It would be grave inustice on my part if I do not acknowledge the sacrifices and love that this girl who is from a millionaire's home, does for me day and night. I often ask her, ‘Daughter, is it not a trouble doing this kind of service?’ Her big smile is all I get for an answer. I am truly grateful for being blessed with a daughter like her. All I can do for her is to pray and I request you all to pray for my family.”

      Prayer: Jesus, let us not forget your love and sacrifice for us. We pray for the millions of sons and daughters who take care of their bedridden parents and relatives. Let us have the spirit to take care of our parents and friends in their helpless situations. We pray for those who are bedridden, and need love and care. Let this world be blessed with many more daughter-in- laws/ daughters like Jose Prakash's daughter-in-law. All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Friday, 10th Feb 2012