Malankara World Journal Issue 53 is available online

  • Dr. Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2012
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 53 (February 9, 2012) is available
      online at:

      Table of Contents Issue No: 53

      1. Editor's Note

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (Feb 12)

      The Bible readings for Saturday evening, Sunday morning and the Holy
      Qurbana Service, specified in the lectionary of the Holy Church is given.

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (Feb 12)

      This Sunday is celebrated as Aneede Sunday, the day we remember all the
      departed faithful in the church. Continuing the theme from last Sunday,
      when we remembered the Departed Clergy in the church, bible readings
      focus on the second coming of Christ and being ready to receive Christ
      whenever he returns. Over 20 sermons, bible commentaries, Gospel
      analyses and exegetical notes are given to understand and meditate on
      the scripture specified for this Sunday.

      4. Sermon of the Week
      Sermon for Sunday For all the Departed Faithful by Rev. Fr. V. V. Paulose

      Death is the only reality on earth. We may be pretending that we are not
      concerned about death but really we should. Let science and technology
      invent the techniques to circumvent death. Till then, we should not
      ambush the reality of death and its beauty, fairness, light, justice,
      and reward in eternity. ...

      5. Inspiration for Today

      I am ... the bright and morning Star. I am the light of the world.

      6. Featured: Our Greatest Call - Loving and Adoring God

      Yes, Jesus wants our obedience. He wants to see us actively serving Him.
      He wants us to follow the Truth and shun false teachings. He wants us to
      remain dedicated to Him even in the face of persecution. However,
      upholding the Truth cannot replace our love for Him. ...

      7. Book Excerpt: With Christ In the School of Prayer - Lesson 23:
      Obedience - The Path to Power in Prayer

      'I chose you,' the Master says, 'and appointed you that ye should go and
      bear fruit, and that your fruit should abide;' and then He adds, to the
      end 'that whatsoever ye,' the fruit-bearing ones, 'shall ask of the
      Father in my name, He may give it you.' This is nothing but the fuller
      expression of what He had spoken in the words, 'If ye abide in me.'..
      Entire consecration to the fulfillment of our calling is the condition
      of effectual prayer, is the key to the unlimited blessings of Christ's
      wonderful prayer-promises. ...

      8. Five Things You Do Not Know About Prayer

      We know a lot about prayer. We know it's of faith and we know we ought
      to do more of it and do it better. It might be helpful to address some
      of the things we do not know about prayer. ...

      9. Seeing God's work in your life

      God is building you, too. It's called "sanctification" and He's doing it
      in you every day as He makes you more and more like Him. So if you
      struggle with sin, don't let it get you down. Just imagine a big orange
      sign over your head that says, "God at work"! ...

      10. Saint Paul's Tuesday Evening Prayer Fellowship

      Instructions on how to join this weekly fellowship on Tuesdays at 7 PM ET.

      11. Family: How to be a Winning Husband

      Just like it's hard for sports players to stay in the game after they've
      gotten hurt, it's challenging to keep working on your marriage after
      your wife hurts you. You may feel like giving up hope of a better
      marriage when your wife injures you. But if you 'play hurt' like sports
      heroes do, you'll see God reward your faithfulness by bringing winning
      results out of your pain. Here's how you can develop a winning marriage
      by being a husband who stays in the game with God. ...

      12. The Month of Love

      I learned something I thought I already knew - diamonds aren't a girl's
      best friend. Her husband is, if he even shows a rhinestone's-worth of
      interest in her. ... what all of them really want is a husband that
      makes an effort to understand them and speak their language, whatever it
      is, without being told. ...

      13. Health: Egg whites - Another Miracle Remedy?

      Egg whites are used as first aid for burns. First run cold water on the
      burnt surface to remove the heat. Then cover the part with egg whites.
      The burned area gets regenerated thanks to the collagen in the egg
      whites, a placenta full of vitamins. ...

      14. Recipe: Mango Cobbler Bars

      15. Humor: Funny (Dumb) Laws

      16. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World
      Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew