Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Feb 6, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: “They threw down their staffs, which also became serpents! But Aaron’s staff swallowed up their staff.” (Exodus 7:12)

      Miracles - are they from God?

      Miracles are not for its own glory but for the manifestation of God’s glory through the living life of love. We should not be weaned, swayed and tempted by people who do miracles. Miracles can help us to believe, but it is dangerous to rely on them alone. Miracle-doers and centers mainly attract people for healing, prosperity and money. Here, the medium is glorified, but not God and his commandments. Jesus did not do any miracles for the sake of doing them, but did it only for the glorification of God and His love. "The miracle sign at Cana in Galilee was the beginning when Jesus manifested His glory” - John 2:11. “But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name” - John 20:31. "But the fruit of the Holy Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law" - Galatians :6:22,23. If any miracles and miracle centres transmit these, then we can say that is true by the power of Jesus, otherwise we have to shun these people and centres once and for all as fake, trickery and satanic.

      God performed a miracle by turning Aaron’s staff into a serpent, and Pharaoh’s magicians did the same with their magical powers. Some of their feats involved trickery or illusion. Satan can imitate some parts of God’s work and lead people astray. Pharaoh focused on the miracles rather than the message. We can avoid this error by letting the word of God be the basis of our faith . No miracle from God would endorse any message that is contrary to the teachings of His word.

      Aimee, the great miracle doer of the first half of the 20th century in North America, attracted millions of people to her. She was reported to have had the most medically documented healings of any Christian minister up until her time. But her personal life was in shambles. Her three marriages had ended in divorce and her children were leading wayward lives. She could not adjust with her mother, colleagues or staff. She became very depressed and also had many illnesses. Finally, she committed suicide with an overdose of sedatives.

      Prayer : Jesus, our source of all miracles, we thank you for the science and wonders you have revealed to us. In this faithless generation, we are in need of more miracles. Let the fake healers and miracle-doers be convinced that they are wrong in using your name for benefitting them. All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Tuesday, 7th Feb 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16 3:54 AM