Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1369 , Feb 6, 2012
      "There is a false kind of humility which rises from careless neglect or the pangs of conscience. People who have this think it ushers in salvation, but it does not, for it does not have as is companion that sorrow which alone is the bringer of joy."

      St. Symeon the New Theologian.

      "You have forgiven the iniquity of Your people; You have covered all their sin. Selah You have taken away all Your wrath; You have turned from the fierceness of Your anger." Psalm 85:2-3
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1369 of 1369 , Apr 20 7:24 PM

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "Since the Logos of God though His descent to us has brought the kingdom of heaven close to us, let us not distance ourselves from it by leading an unrepentant life. Let us rather flee the wretchedness of those who sit `in darkness and the shadow of death' (Isa. 9:2). Let us acquire the fruits of repentance: a humble disposition, compunction and spiritual grief, a gentle and merciful heart that loves righteousness and pursues purity, peaceful, peace-making, patient in toil, glad to endure persecution, loss outrage, slander and suffering for the sake of truth and righteousness. For the kingdom of heaven or, rather, the King of heaven - ineffable in His generosity - is within us (cf. Luke 17:21); and to Him we should cleave through acts of repentance and patient endurance, loving as much as we can Him Who so dearly has loved us."

           St. Gregory Palamas.

        "If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.[d] On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. But let none of you suffer as a murderer, a thief, an evildoer, or as a busybody in other people’s matters. Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter."  1 Peter 4:14-16

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.