Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Feb 5, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: “Go; wash in the pool of Siloam. So he went and washed, and came back seeing.” (John 9:7)

      Having faith may make you look foolish but never makes you foolish.

      God is the Lord of everything and so we have to obey him no matter what. Our limited intellect can never conceive the depth of His thoughts and ways. The problem of human beings is that we approach him with doubts, and we are concerned more about what the world thinks about us, not the way Jesus wants to see us. If we obey God and follow his directions, then things will turn around for our good.

      Isaiah 55:8 - “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways.” Look at Elijah on Mount Carmel. He might have felt more than strange when the Lord told him to pour water on the sacrifice. But his faith in God didn’t make him appear the least bit foolish when forked tongues of fire fell from the sky and consumed the altar until there was not a stone in sight. Faith will never make you look foolish; God will always show up and prove that you are right.

      One day, when Mathew Hagee’s mother was praying, the Lord showed that her neighbour’s son was suffering with epilepsy. So, she went across the street and prayed for the child. She was never the kind to be shy about what she believed. The moment she prayed, the child’s condition began to improve. At his last doctor’s appointment, his diagnosis showed that he had been completely cured.

      Prayer: Jesus, we are in great need of your healings. We pray for all those who are at the service of the sick and needy. Let us be the medium for your healings on earth. Let the sick feel your presence when we sit and pray with them. Let us show our love to those who are ill through our prayers, presence and timely help. All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Monday, 6th Feb 2012
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com
      vvapulose@...