Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Feb 4, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: “Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.” (Galatians 6:2)

      Easing the pain of others is the best way to alleviate one’s sufferings.

      Reaching out to those in pain is like a medicine for reducing the impact of mental and physical illness. When we nurse others’ pain, we naturally forget our pains. The profession of nursing is the most noble as they serve the sick and needy day and night throughout the year. People choose this profession just not for the salary behind it, but for the satisfaction and happiness that they experience. In today’s world, we find many people being selfish instead of helping others who are in pain and need. The largest contributors and advocates for cancer awareness in the world are the organizations of cancer patients.

      When Jesus was on the cross with excruciating pain, he consoled his mother. He even prayed for His persecutors not to withhold their sins and then died by entrusting him to the father by finishing his mission on earth.

      Aimee Semple McPherson was the greatest miracle healer and evangelist of the first half of the 20th century in USA. Her life became a mess and was very painful towards the end. Financial bankruptcy, family breakdown , health deterioration and desertion of her loved ones. Her pain was inconsolable.. She decided that the best way to alleviate her own suffering was to ease the pain of others. Aimee threw herself wholeheartedly into the work of alleviating the distressed from their depressions . She took in elderly men, whose social security had eroded with stock market crash, allowing them to sleep in her garage. She invited malnourished women to sleep in her living room. When the parents of unwed pregnant teenagers turned them out, she invited the girls into the parsonage. Later, she convinced the parents to take back their daughters and grand-children.

      Prayer: Jesus, let us follow you by alleviating the pain of others as you did it. We pray for all care givers who are in the ministry of healing. Let us have the inner light of helping others in their needs when we are in pain and sorrow. We pray for widows, widowers, orphans, homeless, and those are abandoned by the society at large. Let us be consoled by consoling others.

      All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.
      Paulose Achen
      Sunday, 5th Feb 2012
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com