Malankara World Journal Issue 52 (Feb 3, 2012) is available online

  • Dr. Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2012
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 52 (February 3, 2012) is available online at:

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Newsletter/MWNews_52.htm

      Table of Contents Issue No: 52

      1. Editor's Note

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (Feb 5)

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (Feb 5)
      This Sunday's Gospel readings are from the Olivet Discourse, the most important single passage of prophecy in all the Bible. The Olivet Discourse is found in Matthew 24-25, Mark 13 and Luke 21. We proved over 20 sermons, commentaries, Gospel analyses etc. to study this portion in depth...

      4. Inspiration for Today
      We look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal...

      5. Featured This Week: God's Love vs. Wrath
      It is good and useful to consider the relationship of God's love to his wrath. Are they equal characteristics or is one greater than the other? How can God both love and hate?...

      6. Book Excerpt: With Christ In the School of Prayer - Lesson 22: The Word and Prayer
      The vital connection between the word and prayer is one of the simplest and earliest lessons of the Christian life. As that newly-converted heathen put it: I pray—I speak to my father; I read—my Father speaks to me....

      7. The Sin of Prayerlessness
      We must never forget that prayer is not only for petition, but also for protection and for preparation. Prayer not only gives us what we want; it prepares us for and protects us from what we don't want...

      8. Blessed are the Meek
      Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Mt 5: 5
      I used to have a strong dislike for the word "meek." It brings me back a decade to a defining moment during my sophomore year of high school...

      9. What is Repentance?
      The word repentance in our Savior's teaching is used to emphasize turning from sin unto righteousness. All through the gospels, repentance is the central theme of Christ's whole ministry. This is not something we might talk about once and then forget....

      10. What It Really Means to Repent
      In his famous book, I Surrender, Patrick Morley writes that many of the problems in the church today lie in the misconception "that we can add Christ to our lives, but not subtract sin. It is a change in belief without a change in behavior." ...

      11. Health: How Can Pregnant Women Avoid Dangerous Everyday Chemicals? by Doris Rapp, M.D.
      Pregnant women are trying to be healthier. Many take all the right steps to promote the birth of a healthy baby, including eating right, taking vitamins and eliminating alcohol and nicotine from their lives. Unfortunately, all those efforts may be for naught if they are still being exposed to unseen chemicals in their daily lives. Dr. Doris Rapp, an experienced physician and expert on all the hidden household and environmental hazards, wants women to know about the many insidious and dangerous threats to their unborn babies...

      12. Recipe: Kerala Fish Thoren by Mrs. K.M. Mathew
      One of the classic recipes from Kerala.

      13. It Is Not Too Late to Make Good on those Resolutions!
      Physician and healer Amnon Goldstein, who has earned an international reputation for his practice of both Western and Eastern medicines, says it's time to slow down and re-evaluate...

      14. Seven Characteristics of Shallow Leadership
      Growing in our leadership abilities, knowledge and relationships should be a goal for every leader. Many leaders settle for status quo leadership rather than stretching themselves as leaders....

      15. Humor: Denominations
      A Baptist preacher and his wife decided to get a new dog. Ever mindful of the congregation, they knew the dog must also be a Baptist. They visited kennel after kennel and explained their needs. Finally, they found a kennel whose owner assured them he had just the dog they wanted...

      16. About Malankara World

      ========================

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Newsletter/MWNews_52.htm

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew