Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Feb 3, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him, but God has revealed it to us by His spirit.” (1 Corinthians 2:9-10)

      How do Christians handle the death of innocents?

      We question the justice of God for the death of innocents due to natural calamities, religious persecutions and other cruel deaths. There is a cosmic justice for all the people committing these atrocities. Here comes the way to believe in an alternative reality, an unseen world as real as the visible world around us, where life begins again and fairness reigns. The guilty should stand in front of the cosmic ruler, Jesus Christ, for the last judgement in fairness and just. There is no escape for any one from that.

      Thessalonians 1:6 - St. Paul says, "God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well.” He concludes his life on this earth in a nut shell, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race , I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award me on that day, and not only to me, but also who have longed for his appearing” - 2 Timothy 4:7-8.

      Albert Raboteau, a scholar of Slave Religion in Virginia, gives an account of secret prayer meetings among slaves that took place in 1847. Slaves used to gather secretly in the swamp by following signs marked on the trees pointing them to the selected spot. They begin by asking each other how they feel, the state of their minds etc. Stories of beating, lynching, and other cruelties pour out. Then they begin their prayer service. As one slave reports, "The slave forgets all his sufferings, except to remind others of the trials during the past week, exclaiming: ' Thank God, I shall not live here always'!”

      Prayer: Jesus, we pray for all the innocents who have passed away from this earth for your sake at the hands of cruel people. Let the persecutors be convinced of the horror of their atrocities and its consequences of eternal punishment by the just and loving God in eternity. Jesus come soon...All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Saturday, 4th Feb 2012
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com
      vvapulose@...