He loved them to the end” John 13:1

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2012
      He loved them to the end - John 13:1

      John 13:1: Now before the Feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that His hour had come that He should depart from this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end.� [This was on the eve of Jesus’ death, when He washed the disciples feet.] to the end� = to the fullest extent

      The Amplified Bible rendering: as He had loved those who were His own in the world, He loved them to the last and to the highest degree.

      Lord, fill our heart with your love.

      Show us, Lord, whom we have failed to love.

      Lord, let us set our heart on loving as you loved:

      Let us love our own to the last�;

      Let us love them to the highest degree�;

      Lord, let us pray for our loved ones as you did in John 17. Amen.

      When a loved one dies (or we give thanks for the memory of a departed one), it is fitting that we affirm our love for all whom God has given us, especially for our families and for those who are serving the Lord with us. See how Jesus prayed in John 17 (on the eve of His death). Such a prayer is the fruit of highest love.

      When we choose to love as Jesus loved, the Holy Spirit helps us to love as He loved and pray as He prayed, though we are poor vessels. Help us Lord to see our need for repentance.

      Noon & Eve Prayer (Dan. 6:10)

      John 13:34: A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

      John 13:35: By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

      Thankful for your prayers,
      Shibu Podiyan
      Washigton DC