Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Feb 2, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: “If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sins and heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)

      A day of fasting and prayers does wonders to heal our mind and body.

      Natural calamities are at their peak, unexplained and incurable diseases are on the rise, and the economy is in doldrums. Is it a man-made curse? May be. So it is high time to lend our body as a whole to the Almighty for his favour and work by reverting the curse. The efficacy of fasting and prayer is a time-tested verified fact . The medical field has tested the positive result of fasting and mantras for the speedy recovery of a number of life-threatening diseases like cancer, heart failure, diabetes, depression, arthritis etc. When we connect fasting and prayer with the spirit of God, the effect is tremendous. In orthodox Christian tradition, there is a 7-times set prayers with kneeling and prostration for all days with some exceptions. Fasting and prayers to cleanse the body, mind and soul is highly recommended on all Wednesdays and Fridays, the 25 days prior to Christmas, the 50 days before Easter, and also a few others. This ancient scientific treatment of fasting and prayer helps in achieving a healthy balanced soul, body and mind. All problems of our body, family and the church are rooted in the malnourishment due to lack of sumptuous food of fasting and prayer, and hardness of hearts. We need to humble ourselves and turn away from the wicked ways of life.

      Declaration of fasting and prayer is mentioned in the Bible from Genesis through Revelation at the time of the dance of the evil - the crossing of difficulties and troubles. The king of Nineveh declared 40 days of fasting and prayer when he had heard the message of God through Jonah about the destruction of his country for its wicked ways. Jonah 3:10 - “When God saw what they had done and how they had put a stop to their evil ways, he changed his mind and did not carry out the destruction he had threatened.”

      When the civil war raged and USA was facing destruction, President Abraham Lincoln called for a national day of fasting and prayer - a time for Americans to repent the sin of slavery and for God to heal them of the crimes that had separated them from other men.

      Prayer : Jesus, let us fast and pray in earnest. Let our generation turn from their sins and look up to you with fasting and prayers. We pray for those who fast and pray. Let us have the heart and mind to look on you as our solace. All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen

      Friday, 3rd Feb 2012
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com
      vvapulose@...