MEANING OF MALAYALAM SONGS 27

  • U T GEORGE
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2012
      Dear brothers,
      We will now meditate on the next two chapters of the funeral song

      ADAMILA-RAMBI-CHAYATHAMAI MISSIHAYOLAM

      MARANAM NEE NALODI----

      3 GATHRATHO DALMA VOTHUNNU SAMADANAM

      PRIYASAHAJA MARUVUKA NEE

      POKUNNEN NINNARIKI NNINNERUM

      NIKHILESAN KALPIKKUM STANATHIL

      KARTHAVIL NJAN ASIKKUNNUDUTHANIL

      NINNEKANMAN VEENDUM

      This song has 4 stanzas.1,2 and 4 stanzas are biblical statements as such in poem format.The 3rd one is the farewell part.The life long union of human body with its divine partner, soul,has come to an end and they are departing at the time of death.Our church fathers ,have a clear vision about what is happening at the time of death.

      The soul is saying a peaceful" TATTA"GOOD BUY TO THE BODY AND COMFORTING THE BODY WITH THE HOPE THAT THEY CAN AGAIN UNITE AT THE THE TIME OF RESURRECTION.The soul is telling the body that the place where it is going,whether it is place of peace or tormenting is decided by GOD who is creator and owner of all departed souls.

      Dear brothers,our soul is either growing or groaning when it is in the united form with body during our life time.If we lead consecrated life,keeping our body as temple of GOD as commanded in 1CORINTHIANS 3.17&6.19 our soul is growing.

      When we read Gospel of LUKE ch. 10 we see two sisters MARTHA&MARIAM. Jesus is telling about the dedication or decision making of human hearts.The two persons living in the same situation as,siblings or husband/wife,daughter in law/mother in law,one has taken a decision (MARIAM) that she will not quarrel or even reply to the warring partner in the home.Jesus stated that nobody, any human being can defeat her in that dedication.At the same time MARTHA has the wrongly committed mind that she will reveal all her felt shortcomings of other people living with her.There are many who keep their heart as graveyard of people living with them.Jesus said in LUKE 13.34that JERUSALEM is the grave yard of true believers and good men.This is an example of groaning of one's soul.

      When we take alcohol,drugs and enjoying blue films, are we not groaning our soul inside our body?.Is our mouth controlled by emotions or prudence?. We can control a car or plane but our tongue?Proverb 26.20 means as if, when there is no liar there is no litigation.Are we groaning our soul or growing it?.The person who dedicate himself for peace as well as holiness can send his soul for peaceful rest till the resurrection.

      4 MISSIHA RAJAVIN-VARAVINGAL DOOTHA-VARANMAR

      KAHALA-MOOTHUNNERUM

      KABARUKALUM-PARAKALUM POLIYUMUDAN

      MRUTHARELLA-MUDHANUM-CHEYTHEEDUM

      DEEPIKA-YALICHI-TTAVARETHUM MANAVALANUMAI

      MANAVARAYE POOKIDAN

      After we depart from this world we are eagerly waiting for the 'KAHALAM' the trumpet.WE sing as NAYAVANMAR THAN-MUNKOMBIN-NATHAM-KETTI

      TANGIYANI-YERIRELPANAI-POYEEDUNNU

      Nayavan--one who is loved by GOD, holy man, in that song means we all and not any particular saint.We, all believers along with other saints will march at the 2nd coming of Jesus.The 10 virgins in MATHEW Ch.25 have lamps in their hands.Proverb20.27 says THE SPIRIT OF MAN IS THE LAMP OF THE LORD.when JESUS explained the fate of the ten virgins, HE clearly said that the virgins have clear knowledge about the state of their lamps, whether burning or going out.They clearly know why they are kept out of the door.That means if you are a person waiting for the bridegroom ,JESUS, you know the state of your soul(lamp) whether burning or not.

      Shall we spent some time for thinking about such eternal matters.Ultimately we are going to stand before HIM.Eternity is the subject matter which GOD has put in our mind.Satan is deceiving us by prompting to forget about it and fill our mind with world and its pleasures and worries.

      Dear brothers,a soul is waiting inside us to say good buy to our body even if we are ready or---------- not -----. Shall we kneel down and gave ourselves in the everlasting arms of our sweet Savior JESUS.

      U T GEORGE