today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: “ The Samaritan soothed his wound with olive oil and wine, and bandaged him.” (Luke 10:34)

      First aid helpers in an emergency - our saviours.

      In an emergency, no other help benefit victims as the 'first aid'. The saviour of life is the first aid or the first help that gets there. In an accident, every minute is precious to save a life, and the same applies to all emergencies of life. We should always hope to be the first at the scene of emergencies and be ready to administer first aid. To do so, we need to also train ourselves with first aid programs. Studies reveal that the death rate due to heart attacks has reduced from 94% to 14 % by merely providing CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) by the Ottawa Para Medical Service in the city of Ottawa , Canada. The Bible says that the human body is the temple of God and so, we should not be a mere bystander of its destruction,but the saviour.

      Psalm 46:1 - "We can always depend on God to deliver us from trouble.” The story of the good Samaritan is the best example put forward by Jesus for the question, 'who is my neighbour?' Luke 10:34 - “A Jewish man was travelling from Jerusalem down to Jericho, and he was attacked by bandits. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him up, and let him half dead beside the road. A priest and a Levite passed by him, but it was the Samaritan who gave first aid. Then he put the man on his own donkey and took him to an inn, where he took care of him.”

      There is no excuse for by passing by and ignoring an emergency scene.

      In 2001, Eli Bee was knocked to the ground by a secondary bomb that was intended to kill first aiders rushing to the scene of a suicide blast in Israel which led to his ingenious low cost idea of being the first in the scene of an emergency on a bike and a phone. Conventional ambulances called to such scenes have plenty of fancy equipment, but they start from a central location and often struggle to squeeze through traffic jams. So they often arrive late; the most gravely injured often die in minutes. His charitable organization, United Hatzalah, co- ordinates a group of 1700 volunteers scattered around Israel, and each of them have a GPS- enabled- Smartphone revealing exactly where he or she is. Anyone who sees an emergency can call a central number (1221 in Israel). A Smartphone app instantly alerts the nearest first aider, who may be only a block away. He stops whatever he is doing, races to the scene and tries to give first aid. When the ambulance arrives, the volunteer goes back to his day job.

      Prayer: Jesus, let us be the first to help people in an emergency and let us learn how to render first aid to people in need. Give us the mind and heart of the good Samaritan. Let more Eli Bees spread all over the globe as the immediate savoir of lives in danger. We pray for all the people who are engaged in administering first aid. All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Thursday, 2nd Feb 2012
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com
      vvapulose@...
      001-647-852-9954
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6 6:24 PM
        Today with Jesus

        “Here is a boy with 5 small barley loaves and 2 small fish, but how far will they go among so many?” (John 6:9)

        Kids do care.

        Kids are the most vulnerable, exploited, misused and confused lot. They are punished for the wrongs and sins of the grown-up world. If we treat them and love them as God’s gift of love for the happiness of a home, and discipline them lovingly, then they will care for you and the society. They can stop all the wars and enmity, and create a heaven on earth. Empowering the children is the duty and responsibility of the parents, teachers, schools , priests, churches and the society at large. As they grow, let them understand and take the responsibility of the world around them which sustains life on earth.

        Sydney Schroeder is an example of caring for the less fortunate. Her 14th birthday party raised $237 to be split equally between the World Life Fund and the local charity. She asked her friends to use the money they would have spent on her presents for the causes she cares about. The birthday extravaganza of people around the world is a wanton waste and a crime to humanity when millions are going to bed without food and water.

        Sydney’s gesture is exemplary just as the lad in the Bible with 5 loaves of bread and 2 small fish that was given to be shared and feed the hungry.

        Prayer: Jesus, let our children be responsible and care for others. Let all the women be blessed with loving children. Let more and more children like Sydney surface in our homes, schools , churches, and public. We pray for all the children who are in pain and sorrow by the sins and wrong doings of the grownups. Let the abusers be punished and may they repent for their sins. We pray for the parents who are struggling to bring their kids in thy path. All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

        Paulose Achen

        Saturday, 7th April 2012