Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Jan 31, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: “You have so little faith,” Jesus said. “Why did you doubt me?”(Mathew 14:31)

      Faith Matters.

      Faith comes from love is faith indeed. Faith in fear is not faith at all. Most of the people’s so called faith in God generates from the fear of life, life on this earth – sickness, jobs, house, death etc. Most of the prayer requests in western countries come for the prayer for the sick and for generates wealth. This is the gospel of prosperity and is antithesis of Christian faith in Jesus and his sharing of eternal resurrected bless. This kind of faith is wobbling and fading at the faces of danger and difficulties. Faith in God in love clears us from the fears of life and bumps in it. The shouts of His people (Believers) at the face of terrifying waves of life are heard and saved by God. But not the unbelievers or faithless. Love is the basic ingredient for a long standing faith. Faith out of fear has no locus stand.

      “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made of perfect love.”(1 John 4:18) The faith in love sometimes has darkest periods and doubts but that is not unnatural. From out of that pit of darkness God will save them when they call in distress. When Peter’s faith faltered, he reached out to Christ, the only one who could help. He was afraid, but he still looked to Christ. When you are apprehensible about the troubles around you and doubt Christ’s presence or ability to help, remember that he is always with you and is the only one who can help you. But it is doubtful to get anything without faith in love. So we do have faith in love as an anchor in this shaking world.

      An old Joke

      An atheist is swimming in the ocean when he sees the fin of a great white shark. In desperation he screams, “God save me.” A voice from heaven, “Why should I save you? You don’t believe in me.” The atheist has an idea. “May be you can get the shark to believe in you. “ Very well” The Heaven close again, and suddenly the shark is heading straight for the Atheist. All of a sudden the shark stops and puts its fins together. It begins to pray. The Atheist is amazed. “It worked. This shark believes in God.” Just then he hears the shark muttering, “Oh Lord, make us thankful for the food we are about to receive.”

      Prayer: Jesus, let us have the unwavering spirit of faith in you. We pray for those who are in the edge of the fears of life to have your loving compassion and love to save them from all their fears. Don’t close your eyes when we are in danger. Hear all our cry from your compassionate throne and save us. Let us have faith in you for your love. All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Wednesday 1 Feb 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16, 2012