Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1375 , Jan 31, 2012
      "Do you see how the Lord created our nature to enjoy free will? I mean, how did it happen, tell me, that while those people showed enthusiasm for wickedness and rendered themselves liable to punishment, this man [Noe] opted for virtue, shunned association with those and thus felt no effect of punishment? Is it not crystal clear that each person chose wickedness or virtue of his own volition? You see, if that were not the case and independence did not have its roots in our nature, those people would not have been punished nor the others receive reward for their virtue. Since, however, everything has been allowed to remain with our choice owing to grace from on high, punishment duly awaits the sinners, and reward and recompense those who practice virtue."

      St. John Chrysostom.

      "Whoever has no rule over his own spirit Is like a city broken down, without walls." Proverbs 25:28
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1375 of 1375 , Apr 28

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "When the heart is occupied with worldly things, especially superfluous ones, it forsakes the Lord - the Source of life and peace - and is therefore deprived of life and tranquility, of light and strength; but when it repents of its care for vain things, and wholly turns from corruptible things to the incorruptible God, then the fountain of living water again begins to flow into it, and peace, tranquility, light, strength, and boldness before God and man one more dwell within it. We must live wisely."

           St. John of Kronstadt.

        "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my namn."  Psalm 91:14

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.