Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 2003 , Jan 31, 2012
      "Do you see how the Lord created our nature to enjoy free will? I mean, how did it happen, tell me, that while those people showed enthusiasm for wickedness and rendered themselves liable to punishment, this man [Noe] opted for virtue, shunned association with those and thus felt no effect of punishment? Is it not crystal clear that each person chose wickedness or virtue of his own volition? You see, if that were not the case and independence did not have its roots in our nature, those people would not have been punished nor the others receive reward for their virtue. Since, however, everything has been allowed to remain with our choice owing to grace from on high, punishment duly awaits the sinners, and reward and recompense those who practice virtue."

      St. John Chrysostom.

      "Whoever has no rule over his own spirit Is like a city broken down, without walls." Proverbs 25:28
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2003 of 2003 , Dec 7 5:39 PM

        Abba Joseph said to Abba Nisterus, "What should I do about my tongue, for I cannot control it?" The old man said to him, "When you speak, do you find peace?" He replied, "No." The old man said, "If you do not find peace, why do you speak? Be silent and when a conversation takes place, it is better to listen than to speak."

        The Sayings of the Desert Fathers.

        "Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit."  Proverbs 18:21

        The Bible reading for the 29th of Hatour, December 8, is:
        13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am? 14 So they said, Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets. 15 He said to them, But who do you say that I am? 16 Simon Peter answered and said, You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. 17 Jesus answered and said to him, Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. (Matt.16:13-19)
        Martyrdom of St. Peter, the Seal of the Martyrs, 17th Pope of Alexandria.
        Martyrdom of St. Clement, Pope of Rome.

        The Bible reading for the 30th of Hatour, December 9, is: John 10:1-16
        Departure of St. Acacius, Patriarch of Constantinople.
        Martyrdom of St. Macarius.
        The Consecration of the Church of Saints Cosmas, Damian, Their Brothers and Their Mother.

        The Bible reading for the 1st of Kiahk, December 10, is: Luke 1:1-25
        Departure of St. Peter Elrahawy, Bishop of Gaza.
        The Consecration of the Church of the Saint Abba Shenouda.

        Prayer Requests:

        Awad, L.
        Iskaros.
        Urgent: Teresa - serious complications from diabetes.
        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Tony H. - Cancer.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.