Malankara World Journal 3-Day Lent Special Supplement (Issue 50, Jan 30, 12) is available online

  • Dr. Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2012
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 50 3-Day Lent Special Supplement (January 30, 2012) is now available online at:

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Newsletter/MWNews_50.htm

      This is a special edition of Malankara World Journal to commemorate the Nineveh lent or Three-Day Lent. This year, the lent starts on Monday, January 30 and ends on Thursday, February 2.

      The Nineveh Lent or Three Day Lent is a lent of attrition and repentance commemorating the repentance of the people of Nineveh at the preaching of Prophet Jonah. This lent starts three weeks before the start of the Great Lent. However, when you read the article by Biji achen, you will notice that there are other reasons also to commemorate a three day lent.

      We have provided a great collection of articles and sermons in Malankara World to understand and practice repentance that is pleasing to God. This year, the last day of the Three day lent coincides with another important feast of the Church, viz., Ma'altho, presentation of Jesus in the temple and the purification of Mary. We will have more to say about this feast in our next edition of Malankara World Journal.

      Table of Contents: Malankara World Journal Issue 50

      1. Editor's Note

      2. Bible Readings for Nineveh Lent from Lectionary

      3. Sermons for Nineveh Lent

      4. Inspiration for Today

      5. Featured: Nineveh Fast by HH Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas

      6. The History of the Three Days Lent in Syriac Orthodox Church by Rev. Fr. Dr. Biji Chirathilattu

      7. "The God of the Second Chance" by Dr. Haddon Robinson

      8. Three Days Lent - Are We Ready to Obey, Pray, Repent? by Cheriyan Vengal

      9. Here am I, Lord, Send Me from Footprints Diary

      10. The Way Back by Greg Laurie

      11. About Malankara World

      Please read this special supplement online at:
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Newsletter/MWNews_50.htm

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew
      Malankara World