Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Jan 29, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: "I WILL NOT LEAVE YOU COMFORTLESS. I WILL COME TO YOU.”(JOHN 14:18)

      Are you an unwanted and lonely girl/boy in recess?

      Loneliness and the feeling of unwanted is the most terrible poverty.” Mother Teresa. Loneliness of the children breeds bully’s and terrorists in the schools and the society. The fetes of unloved and unwanted pregnancies is the starting point of loneliness of a child. The ripples of loneliness never stop till it hits on the shores of catastrophe. The people who are feeling ‘”I alone” and I could not see any one near by with a kind word, a smile, a touch, a hand shake , call for a meal, a few steps of walk, call for a game, good time for a fun will at last fade in to nowhere and step into the world of silence and shadow of darkness. Who bothers for them ? There are millions of children waiting to hear a word of comradeship.. If we wide open our eyes then we can see plenty of lonely birds at the corner of a play ground and rooms in the schools. We are good in the crowd and inclined to move with them. But are you have the prick of consciousness of the people those who have no opportunity to be in the mass?. By your simple un priced, a kindly look, a word could change the world of lonely from the bottom of the despair to the pinnacle of happiness.

      There is a loving God who cares for the lonely. Loneliness is the first things which God’s eyes named , not good-John Milton. Then the God said, “ It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make e a helper who is just right for him.”(Genesis 2:18) Ministering in the world , Jesus was with the marginalized: children, widows, orphans, sinners, prostitutes, crippled, lepers, demon possessed, our castes, tax collectors. He intended his disciples also to do so. Where are we?

      Recess is the 20 precious minutes to play, dodge punches, be shunned in the school. If you are a popular kid, it is glimmer vacation fro the school day. If you are an outcaste, it is torture chamber. It is the wilderness outside the protective wires of orderly desks, mechanical pencil sharpeners and paroling adults. McNamara who started the Niagara Recess Project, to turn recess in to summer camp. Where older kids act like councillors, leading the wee ones in organised games. The volunteers are told” to look out the kids no one is playing with and to start a games with them.” The mentor says,” I scan the school ground, looking for targets. Sure enough, there she sits up against the school wall in her purple snowsuit, utterly alone. My heart aches just watching her.” She continues, “ I missed the girl in the purple snowsuit. Did someone come over and play with her in the moments before the bell, or did she gather herself up quietly and slip back in to the safety of class unnoticed.” She herself was a victim of bullies in the school. In her 6 birthday party at an indoor roller skating hall , McNamara fell and smashed the back of her head. Hs lost 90 % of her hearing. She does remember throwing her hearing aids out with her lunch one day ay school, after kids teased her about them.

      Do you have any scars from grade school? Now act to wipe the scars of others by reaching out at their loneliness.

      Prayer: Jesus, you are the true companion in our loneliness and scars. Let our children be wanted and loved by the teachers and friends. Let us in search of the lonely and be a comforter. Give us the good heart to find time to be a companion for the lonely and the marginalized. Let our children be the volunteers in the schoosl to help the helpless and lonely.

      All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16, 2012