Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Jan 28, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: "On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee, Jesus’ mother was there and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the celebration.”(John 2:1, 2)

      Time to find good relationships with friends and family really make you happy.

      Human life is a never ending saga of finding happiness. All the inventions and discoveries are the end result of this pursuit. But the quality of life and happiness does not mean the size of the house, or number of cars or the ability to outfit one’s whole family with the best products, but rather having the things that decides happiness, decades of research have shown what actually make people happy, good relationships, with friends and family. But still the world is loitering in the desert like a cursed soul in search of happiness intensively closing the eyes on keeping good relationships with family and friends. If we invest our time, money, and effort in keeping relationships always ends in happiness for you and the generations to come.

      Jesus was on a mission to save the world, the greatest mission in the history of mankind. Yet he took time to attend a wedding and take part in its festivities with her mother and disciples. We may be tempted to think we should not take time out from our “important” work for social and family occasions. But maybe these social and family occasions are part of our mission. Jesus valued these wedding festivities because they involved people. Jesus came to be with people to bring balance to our life in all our activities social, family, work and spiritual.

      Mathew, a charted accountant and Sera, a Post graduate teacher, a high profile busy extend family with two grown up children with parents are living in Chennai. In any functions marriages, prayer meetings, birthdays, deaths- in the churches, homes of the church members, friends circles, relatives particularly any sorrows – they are the first to come and the last to go. They find time to attend and actively participate just like a family member in all occasions and festivities. Recently they were out of station when one of their friend’s wife died. The first thing they did after landing at the station was rushed to the bereaved family with a heavy heart and extended their condolences. They are happy and the people who received the blessed presence are relaxed and joyful by their presence. Recently a tragic incident happened in their family then the friends and relatives were the anchor for them to come out from the blow.

      Could you experience this joy? Not so just try it.

      Prayer: Jesus. Let more Mathews’ and Sera’s be everywhere – in the homes and churches. Let us find time to be happy with those are happy and cry with those who are in tears.

      Let no functions be dry without the presence of people. Let you be our example for festive participation in marriages and other joyful occasions. We pray for those who are lonely and friendless in their celebrations – joyful or sorrowful

      All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16, 2012