St. Antony the Great

  • The Orthodox Bookstore
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2012
      "Do not be afraid to hear about virtue and do not be a stranger to the term. For
      it is not distant from us nor is it external to us; its realization lies within
      us and the work is easy if only we want it. The Greeks leave home and cross the
      seas in order to gain an education, but there is no need for us to go away on
      account of the Kingdom of God nor need we cross the sea in search of virtue. For
      the Lord has told us, "The Kingdom of God is within you." All that is needed for
      goodness is that which is within, the human heart."

      St. Antony the Great