Nikolai Velimirovich

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2012
      Come closer to me, closer still, O majestic Spirit of Truth. Draw near and enter into me more deeply than light and air. Indeed, I can spend an entire night without light, but without Thee, I cannot even lie down on my bed. I can take ten steps without air, but without Thee, I cannot even take one.

      Nikolai Velimirovich, Prayer 47, Seasonal Reflections
    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2012
        Christ is Risen! + Truly He is Risen!

        It was necessary to allow evil to cry aloud so that, soon after, it would become speechless before the miraculous resurrection. It was necessary that all the wicked deeds of men against God be manifested so that they would be able to see and appraise the love and mercy of God toward mankind. The angels of God were not sent to defend Christ from the Jews; rather, the angels of God were sent, after three days, to announce the holy resurrection of Christ.

        Nikolai Velimirovich, The Prologue (March 18th)
        From: The Bible and the Holy Fathers for Orthodox