Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Jan 18, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      Bible verse: "Yes, you should rejoice, and I will share your joy. (Philippians 2:18)

      Why waste time being unhappy?

      Life is to be happy. A happy mind breeds happiness everywhere. Happiness is the secret behind an illness- free, strong and healthy body, family, church and society. Happiness abides in the mind. A pure, contended God-oriented mind cannot be unhappy. Here we are in a world of complaints and instable desires. The happiness behind desires are a mirage. Yvonne asks, “Why be unhappy about something you can change? Why be unhappy about something you can’t change?”

      We should be cautious with the company of unhappy people.

      Jesus says, "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven” (Mathew 5:11,12). Persecution and calamities in life should not be an excuse to drift us into unhappiness. Actually, unexpected blows in life help us take our eyes off earthly rewards, strips away superficial belief, strengthens the faith and changes our attitude which serves as an example to others.

      Sara aged 17, a beautiful and energetic girl got married to Peter, 25 years old. They have 3 lovely children. But one fine morning, Peter deserted her to lead a wayward life with a maid servant by leaving his young wife with their 3 children. Sheer shock , helplessness and darkness engulfed Sara’s life. Instead of brooding with her life, hating her fate and complaining about her husband, she engaged in the service of helping those who needed her. Day and night she was at the service of the needy. She did not turn anybody who knocked at her door for help . In her presence, nobody felt any unhappiness. She had a solution to all their problems. She laughed, smiled, cared, loved and enjoyed her life. After seeing her 3 children and grand-children settled well in life, she passed away due to heart failure when she was 62. Three days till her burial, thousands waited day and night to pay homage with tears for their dearest friend and helper.

      Prayer : Jesus , we pray for the soul of Sara, and her children. Let your spirit of happiness abide with those who are unhappy. Let your children be protected from the persecution and calamities of this life. We pray for those who are persecuted and deserted by their spouses. All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen

      Toronto
      www.jerusalemchristianmission.com
      Thursday, 19th January 2012