Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1350 , Jan 8, 2012
      CHRIST IS BORN! GLORIFY HIM!

      Bethlehem opened Eden, come let us behold;
      We have found joy in this hidden place, come let us seize
      The pleasures of Paradise within the cave;
      There appeared an unwatered root which sprouted forgiveness;
      There was found an undug well
      From which David one yearned to drink;
      And there the Virgin brought forth an infant
      Who at once quenched their thirst, that of Adam and of David.
      Come, then, let us hasten to this place where there has been born
      A newborn babe, the God before time.

      The Kontakia (Hymn) by St. Romanos the Melodist.

      "His name shall endure forever; His name shall continue as long as the sun. And men shall be blessed in Him; All nations shall call Him blessed." Psalm 72:17
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1350 of 1350 , Mar 15 7:46 PM

        "Just as a treasure that is exposed tarnishes and loses its value, so a virtue which is known vanishes; just as wax melts when it is near fire, so the soul is destroyed by praise and loses all the results of its labor."

           Amma Syncletica.

        How beautiful upon the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who proclaims peace, Who brings glad tidings of good things, Who proclaims salvation, Who says to Zion, "Your God reigns!"  Isaiah 52:7

        The Bible reading for the 7th of Baramhat, March 16, is:
        12 When the day began to wear away, the twelve came and said to Him, Send the multitude away, that they may go into the surrounding towns and country, and lodge and get provisions; for we are in a deserted place here. 13 But He said to them, You give them something to eat. And they said, We have no more than five loaves and two fish, unless we go and buy food for all these people. 14 For there were about five thousand men. Then He said to His disciples, Make them sit down in groups of fifty. 15 And they did so, and made them all sit down. 16 Then He took the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up to heaven, He blessed and broke them, and gave them to the disciples to set before the multitude. 17 So they all ate and were filled, and twelve baskets of the leftover fragments were taken up by them. (Luke 9:12-17)
        Martyrdom of Sts. Philemon and Apollonius.
        Martyrdom of St. Mary the Israelite.

        The Bible reading for the 8th of Baramhat, March 17, is: John 8:12-20
        Martyrdom of St. Matthias, the apostle.
        Departure of St. Julian, the Eleventh Pope of Alexandria.
        Martyrdom of St. Arianus, the Governor of Ansena.

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        J. De Ramos - Stage 1 Leukemia.