The Light Within

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1039 , Apr 2, 2003
      The Light Within

      His disciples said, "Show us the place where you are, for we must
      seek it."

      He said to them, "Anyone here with two ears had better listen! There
      is light within a person of light, and it shines on the whole world."
      (from Saying 24, Gospel of Thomas)

      Meister Eckhart wrote, "As thou art in church or cell, that same
      frame of mind carry out into the world, into its turmoil and its
      fitfulness." Deep within us all there is an amazing inner sanctuary
      of the soul, a holy place, a Divine Center, a speaking Voice, to
      which we may continually return. Eternity is at our hearts, pressing
      upon our time-torn lives, warming us with intimations of an
      astounding destiny, calling us home unto Itself. Yielding to these
      persuasions, gladly committing ourselves in body and soul, utterly
      and completely, to the Light Within, is the beginning of true life.
      It is a dynamic center, a creative Life that presses to birth within
      us. It is a Light Within that illumines the face of God and casts new
      shadows and new glories upon the human face. It is a seed stirring to
      life if we do not choke it. It is the Shekinah of the soul, the
      Presence in the midst. Here is the Slumbering Christ, stirring to be
      awakened, to become the soul we clothe in earthly form and action.
      And He is within us all.

      -- Thomas Kelly, "A Testament of Devotion," Harper San Francisco.
      1996. ISBN 0060643617
    • Jaison
      Message 1039 of 1039 , Sep 21, 2011
        Dear all