IOC Catholicose's resolution for 2012

  • Varugese C J
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2012
      Dear All,

      "Beware faithfuls, stay away from false priestlings, devil is out in the field to mislead you". This is a call for ALL THE FAITHFULS.

      A Christian Bishop (only in name it seems), who carries a salutation of His Holiness, and claims to hold the position as 92nd Catholicose of the East, and above all that He considers himself that except Him there is no human authority over him, such a great fellow with a very eye-catching attire and also claims his throne of a Holy See is in Kottayam (he may declare one day that "Kottayam" also is a "holy city" because of his being seated there. He also claim that he is the rightful owner & custodian of all the Syrian Christian Churches) and made a resolution for 2012. Readers might be wondering what that resolution is - do not jump, be patient and watch the coming days. He ordered to all Churches not to invite HH to share a function or seat with our Honourable Chief Minister of Kerala Shri Ommen Chandy. Till last year He proclaimed Shri Ommen Chandy was a beloved Son of Indian Orthodox Church. What a pity it is?? How this High Priest practice His Preaching (It seems he now do not remember what he learnt in the Holy Bible: "If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also" [Mathew 5:39] & "Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long; they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues" [Mark: 23:5-6]). Is he in full sense or become insane?? By such an act, He made all Christians a laughing stock.

      I fear like in the case of Church History, His fanatic theologians may make a New International Bible to teach their followers. The Kerala Church history had already been distorted to suit them, which was unheard till last generation of Syrian Christians of Kerala, what they were and where they belonged. For the present day priestlings and laymen of Indian Orthodox (can we call it a Church??), it is allergetic to them even to hear names like "Jacobite" & "Patriarch" etc. They frequently use the word "colonization" to redicule the Patriarch and Jacobites in Malankara, but love to colonize all seven continents now. By colonizing they are milching the poor laity, and bring crores and crores to strengthen the new found throne, which is only a century old, and they are busy in its centenary celebrations. The immediate predecessor of the present Catholicose also believed the same way, but in a fine morning they will be thrown into wilderness and his sucessor and his caucus will put in an ordinary wooden chair instead of the throne he was sitting.

      I think we have to get hold of the ex-Catholicose Mar Didimos Marthoma, who was forced to quit the throne (it become a legacy to Indian Orthodox), to make peace with the Mother Church this year itself. But it should be done secretly otherwise there is a chance of His losing precious life (if it happen so, I believe they will have to accept his decision, as the throne itself was instituted by an overthrown Patriarch without any decision of the Holy Synod in 1912). The sorry state of the first overthrown Catholicose Mor Augen was pathetic. I read in an autobiography of a lady (a Journalist), who knew Mor Augen Bawa since her childhood happened to be in Kottayam the same day his successor took charge. He was forcefully confined in the Aramana, and at first the security didn't allow her to meet Mor Augen, but finally they had to allow her to meet for five minutes. The feeble and rejected Mor Augen was literally crying in front of that lady, and told her that it was not his wish to step down, but a forced one by the mighty successor Vattakkunnel Bawa. The current incumbent Catholicose is more dangerous than Vattakkunnel Bawa. Vattakkunnel Bawa made the Jacobites residing outside Kerala fools. The current Catholicose is trying to make fools the entire Jacobite community in Kerala. We have to be beware of this man. His preaching and actions are no link, just the opposites. Please read "“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.By their fruit you will recognize them. [St. Mathew, 7:15-16]. Other than these words, what-else we need to recognize the current IOC Catholicose.

      All these things are God driven it seems. Shri Ommen Chandy is a devote Orthodox Christian, a loyal son of Malankara Church, whose conscience is very clear, and knows the history of the Malankara Church. It is a God given opportunity to make peace in Malankara Church. It is a fact that his earlier proposals for peace along with late Shri KM Mathew was thrown out the fanatics in IOC. The misguided courts and faithfuls are becoming innocent onlookers. They advocate with 1934 Constitution and Court Judgments, and close their eyes to the TRUTH. Since Shri Ommen Chandy is the CM, this is the best time to make a consensus between the Orthodox and Jacobites, and embrace the PEACE of our LORD. If we fail to hear the call our Lord gave us the following contempt and consolation. It is the duty of a faithful to recognize and choose. In this context please read: “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but whoever stands firm to the end will be saved [St. Mark 23:9-13].

      Hope 2012 will bring us PEACE, and let us all pray for it and submit ourselves to the Lord.

      Seasons' GREETINGS and with PRAYERS,

      C.J. Varughese, Ahmedabad
      # 1012