Re: [SOCM-FORUM] Re: Voting Rights

  • Geogy Abraham
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 21, 2011
      Dear Reji,

      Good reply.

      IOC moderator should read this.. Your message should be�posted in IOC forum as well.

      IOC is moving in way that they want to capture "all cross in the world" and they are headed by a�hypocrite and backed by media &�bankers..

      Thanks
      Regards
      Geogy Abraham

      --- On Tue, 20/12/11, Reji@... <Reji@...> wrote:

      Dear Moderator

      Reference to the message from Thomas Kuttikandathil, TX in IOC forum in which he has copied a few excerpts from my message and gave his own interpretation.
    • Reji Joseph
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 29, 2011
        I had sent the same message to the IOC forum as well, but the IOC moderators did not post my message on their forum. However, the news of my post in the SOCM forum has reached the person (Mr. Cheriyakku, Doha) who had raised some concerns over the election of the Patriarch. He has clarified that he only has a problem with Article 36 which outlines the eligibility of candidates standing for election as the Patriarch.

        I understand that Mr. Cheriyakku has spent some time going through the Constitution of the Syriac Orthodox Church. So he would have read about the election process as well – details like election being conducted in the Cathedral, after invoking the Holy Spirit and casting of votes on the Holy Altar. From what I understood, after going thru the IOC constitution, the Catholicos is elected by their Malankara Association and if he has the approval of the Synod, he is all set to become the next Catholicos! I did not read anything about the presence of the Almighty being sought during this election process, probably because of the politics that would be going on in these elections. Despite its many revisions and reviews with the even the architect and new saint of IOC, you forgot to include the Almighty in your election process! Mathew 7:3 reads thus: And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?

        For us the Supreme Head of the Church needs to uphold all of the Christian values. He needs to be the living example, the role model for all Christians. He is addressed as His Holiness for this very same reason. That is more important to us than worrying about the nationality. It is ironic to note that people who say that they believe in church being Universal (in the Nicene Creed) starts drawing boundaries around nationalities! For us, as long as the person who gets elected as the Patriarch holds on to these values, we don't care if he is a Malayali or a Videshi.

        In passing, let me also mention that one of my cousins who has frequent interactions with the Syriac Christian community outside India told me once that one of them had mentioned to him that it is very much possible for one of the bishops from Kerala to become the next Patriarch. There are some constraints, but it is not unlikely. So there is no racism on this side of the line, but people who have hatred towards videshis need to ask the same question to themselves.

        Regards,
        Reji Joseph
        Member Id - 4513