Imperfectly Reaching for Perfection

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2011
      Imperfectly Reaching for Perfection
      or
      Impurely Reaching for Purity

      What is the main problem with this world that we have to struggle against? Why are we not already perfect and pure?

      If we have attained purity and perfection, why can't we just stay that way? Why doesn't God just make us that way and keep us that way?

      These questions (and maybe a few answers) are discussed in this sermon by Fr John Brian. Using Hebrews Chapter 8 and the prophecy of Mary when she meets Elizabeth, Fr. John Brian investigates why we need a savior in the first place and why the story of Jesus Christ is still relevant in our modern age.

      This sermon uses and refers to scripture readings appointed by the Syrian Malankara calendar and was given on Sunday, November 27, 2011 by Fr. John-Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "Called to Divine Nature" is the theme of an open and free mini-retreat in Madison, January 21, 2012 hosted by Holy Transfiguration Mission. Pre-registration by email or voicemail by January 8 is encouraged.

      LISTEN ON-LINE HERE:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2011/11/imperfectly-reaching-for-perfection.html