Democracy in MOSC is a Hypocrisy – Association Ele ction 2012

  • Paul Joshy
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2011
      I have written in this forum many times how Devalokam leadership is
      cheating their own members (court cases, `selection` of methrapolitan
      candidates bypassing genuine election process etc..), and now
      Devalokam leadership has got another golden opportunity to cheat their
      people in the way of Association election.

      Their Association election is going to be held in March 12, 2012 in
      Pathanamthitta to elect new managing committee and Association
      Secretary and Trustee. But the interesting thing is that the way it is
      going to be conducted is against the spirit of 1995 SC verdict and
      their own 1934 constitution. Devalokam Bawa has sent a kalpana to all
      churches regarding the manner of sending the representatives to the
      Association meeting. As per their constitution
      (http://mosc.in/images/stories/File/MalankaraSabha/The%20Constitution.pdf)
      there is a prescribed formula that how many members can send by each
      parish to the Association according the churche`s strength. According
      to Article 71, a 100 memebr church can send one priest and one lay
      man, from 100-250 (2 layman ), 250-500(3), and one additional member
      for every 250 members of the church till 2000 (that is a 2000 member
      church can send a total of 9 laymen and one priest ) and one
      additional member for more than 2000 members. Though its different
      from 1995 SC verdict, as it says one for 100 members, 250-2, 500-3,
      1000-4 and one additional member for every 1000 members. That means,
      whatever be the formula there is a written rule regarding the manner
      of representation by churches in the Association.

      However, in the Kalpana
      (http://www.malankaraorthodoxchurch.in/images/stories/File/Association%20Kalpana%202011.pdf),
      Catholica says first each church should send the list of its total
      strength to Devalokam and then Devalokam will decide how many members
      can represent from each parish according to another kalpana by the
      Catholicose. Is it a democracy or a sheer violation of 1934
      constitution and 1995 SC verdict. The truth is that Devalokam wants to
      manipulate the Association Election and ensure the victory of their
      own people. Why the `democratically` enlightened and mentally
      `independent` Orthodox kunjadukal don`t resist this autocratic move by
      the Devalokam Catholica. Perhaps their mind is tied and heart is
      broken because of the anti-Antiochya sentiment infused by the
      Devalokam extremists.

      NB* One Gregory S. Thomas (a self-styled church intellectual, but
      foolish thinking) from Bangalore has written a three point agenda in
      an Orthodox forum for church unity. He argues, first Devalokam
      Catholica should send pastoral letter addressing the Jacobite
      believers as `my beloved children`, then the influential churches and
      families of current Jacobite church should allow to continue their
      status in the unified church. He also formulated various mechanisms
      for a unified church after both churches joined together. But the
      first sentence itself shows that how foolish he is. First, the
      devlokam catholica himself is violating the 1934 Constitution and 1995
      SC verdict then how can he address a Jacobite my beloved child. If he
      wants to address that way to a Jacobite then he should stand at high
      moral and ethical stage, but is he?????. Second, he and his coterie
      filing cases against Jacobites from district court to Supreme Court
      for capturing their churches and filing case against Patriarch`s visit
      to Kerala, then will Jacobite believers consider the said pastoral
      letter in face value.

      I think Mr. Gregory should spend more time to teach Christian values
      to Devalokam Catholica and the to be elected Association and Managing
      Committee members so that his energy will not become waste. At the
      same time at least Orthodox Church leadership will understand what is
      actual peace in a Christian Church.

      Joshy Paul
      # 1040
      New Delhi/Tokyo
    • Shinu Jesus Abraham
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2011
        Dear Mr. Joshy

        The issue is they see us as "lost misled sheep" and we see them through the same lens too. Frankly it was a one point agenda which could have made all the difference... The Catholica should have addressed our Moran "My spiritual Father" and submit to his authority. So long as they are determined we too are and forget any meeting point with each day passing. Ioc is just tasting back what SOC have gone through many years. Let their powerful dreams of "4 MP's, 14MLA's, show of strength in Trivandrum, Kolencherry/Puthenkurish churches...etc be just a starting point.

        May Lord open the eyes of all the "intellectuals"

        Shinu Jesus Abraham
        Member id # 2908